1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2 Questions - HP gain & CR tables

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Viking, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Q1: When entering Chapter 5 there seems to have been an uplift of 12 HP's for all the characters in the party? Not that I'm complaining but that was like 20% up-lift for my Sorcerer. Bug or normal?

Q2: Challenge ratings. I'm looking for a table that provides the breaks regarding XP. I'm assuming there must be fixed breaks, so what are the key party levels?

Thanks for any light you can shed on the above.

2. Alex C Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Q1: It sounds like a bug, but I only got to chapter 4 last I played. but I saw that monk+drow have their magic resistence stacked. that I am pretty sure it a bug/oversight.

Q2: In the PNP DnD I play there are no key levels, Chalange rateing and this XP is calculated compated to the players.
    so if a Player with CL10 guy kills a CR10 mob he gets full xp, If two CL10 people kills the mob they wouth each get less XP because they count as CL11 compared to the CR10 on the mob.
    If I had the dungeon master guide here I could give a more detailed example.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

could the extra hp be the result of killing the guardian? you do get extra hp by killing the guardian.

4. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

HP - Sure could be a result of killing the guardian. That was the last thing I did before leaving Kuldahar, so yeah, when I was fully healed / rested after the fight, that must have been when it happened.

Well, thanks for clearing that up for me! Had me a bit confused.

5. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Viking, but you wrote "when entering ch5" not "leaving". :p
    There was a table, which contains amounts of XP gained for killing certain level monsters with certain average level party. (Like killing level 9 monster with average level 5 party etc.) But I can not recall right now where the table was. I will write down when I remember if someone have written yet.

6. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

And all members of your party also got +5 to Resistance to acid (added to previous resistances)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.