1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A silly question on chapter 2 quests...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jurts, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I always do every possible quest in chapter2 before going to Spellhold. This time I want to get Immy as quick as possible, so I would like to avoid Windspear Hills, Planar Sphere, Planar Prison, etc until later - my stupid question is: will these quests be available after I return from Underdark?

TIA.

2. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yes, every quest will still be available after you come back from the Underdark. Your character might feel a little rushed, but that doesn't stop you doing a bit of business on the side.

3. Jurts Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, that's a relief...

Thanks,

4. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

Is your character going to be able to do spellhold and the underdark without the exp. from those quests?

5. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Yes, you can do spellhold and the underdark. It's a bit harder, but still possible (hey, if I did it with a solo bard, it shouldn't be a problem!)

6. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Are characters of 11/12th level really going to be able to get the better of the demon knights in the Underdark? I think I was around 15th level when I first fought them and it was a difficult fight even then.

7. vulgarmonkey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Pertaining to the demon nights, if you keep your guys outside of that room, and then use a wizard eye and a summoned monster to activate the demogorgan statue, you can then lure the Demon Knights out one by one.

8. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You can do thid even without the spell. Simply summon a monster and order him to reach the statute, and then lure out Demon Knights one by one...

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Excuse me - I believe that is ToB material - this is SoA - (I'd edit the posts before a mod reliases).

Blah nevermind - I think I'm just mixed up.

If you want to get immy quickly - I found Spellhold and Underdark pretty easy without the extra quests - there are always extra quests there to do.

[ February 05, 2003, 20:29: Message edited by: 8people ]

10. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Huh? I think that's SoA stuff.

Besides, those Demon Knights were easy to kill without any tricks. Just summon a few monster to keep the southern ones busy for 2 rounds while you kill the north ones, then go get them.

Much easier to deal with than the one in BG1. :nolike:

11. vulgarmonkey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I dunno. i foudn them pretty tough when i went through with low levels... (I left for bryn law around level 9 or 10 i think)

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] I think it isnt normal to do all the quests around Athkatla in chapter 6.
    I mean, just think...

Irenicus just tortured you, robed you of your soul, and the same goes for Imoen. And now you're gonna run around killing feeble monsters, and doing some insignificant quests. While you lose your mind you make errands for various people. :doh:
    And yeah you just heard that one-really-evil sorcerer will soon become more powerful than the gods themself.
    Big deal.
    Let's rather kill some goblins :rolleyes:

Thats really non-roleplayish. :alien:

13. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It might be non-roleplayish (if such a word exists) but I generally do as many of the side quests as I can before I leave for Brynnlaw. I think the way the game's set up the designers intended for that to happen (the Underdark being harder to complete than most of the chapter 2 quests).

And why is this TOB related? The Underdark is in SOA and can't be reached in TOB.

14. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In Underdark you will get many cool items and XP. Anyway, I think any fight can be done with caeful tactics, using of all magic items you have or simply save/loading. Ehm, maybe not any, but I just had bag of holding full of rods, wands, magic rings with fireball once per day and such and I never used them. And I played on the hardest difficulty, but the bashers just killed anything...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.