1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About Forgotten Realms....

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Kurgan, Nov 21, 2000.

1. The Kurgan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

In the Game i notice at the beginning everything looks futuristic, what's up with that?

So far that's one thing i do not like about Forgotten Realms

I hate that stuff.

The Kurgan

2. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually, the Realms are not really futuristic at all. I agree though and have no clue what is up with that.

3. Ganz Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] And did you notice Jon Irenicus' physique? (spoiler coming)
    He's supposed to be an elf after all, with delicate features, but he's got an upper body that puts any half-orc to shame.

4. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

one word, "eyecandy" it sells more copies, thus they make more money, that way they can make more games, then we can play those game then complain about their futureisticness all over again, thus the chain of computer games

5. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It's what happens when a young upstart company like Wizards of the Coast buys a grand old company with a long proud lineage like TSR.

Have you seen the 3rd Edition books? Every one is buff with a perfect build (even halflings, who are supposed to be a little on the "plump" side).

The forrgoten realms never used to be like this at all, but times are changing fast.

I MISS LARRY ELMORE PAINTINGS!!!!

6. SoulFly Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have you watched TV, movies, or anything of the nature? You can't be fat to be popular, its the rule of life as it seems.

Don't get me wrong I know a beautiful girl when I see one, but these bony women have enough self hate for themselves to kill. It is there choice however, and therefore they will be beautiful in the public's eyes with there ribs sticking out until the trends shift.

7. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Though I don't know DR and its basement throughly;I think it may well be a clever twist.Those who played might & magic series will remember that the world of m&m is actually a science fiction(in a middle age look)- a race called Ancients comes to world(by interstellar travel) and cleans all evil and goes,and when evil comes back;the search for Ancients begin-.Near the end of M&M VI&VII you find laser pistols and rifles!(and robotic monsters).It is always fun to kill a monster wielding a sword with your laser rifle :)

8. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Another thing I wanted to bitch about (being familiar with 2nd edition rules) is the take on how hell is. I thought whoever did their researched should be sent to that aweful representation. According to 2nd edition, Hell was supposed to be similar to what Dante described in his Inferno, having 9 levels. Whatever happened to the Blood War? Why are Pit Fiends so incredibly weak?(I am dissappointed with the 3rd edition Monster Manual too) Ok, ok enough bitching, I know

9. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

Who is to say that was hell? maybe it was another illusion in your head... just like all the others.

10. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Well #!*&!##, that is what everything i have read on "the area" on most other sites call it Hell.
    Sorry to edit this, but I did not want to get thrown off the boards because of anger caused by another's comment

[This message has been edited by EternalPaladin (edited November 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by EternalPaladin (edited November 22, 2000).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    *grin*

I've seen your original post. But I had this feeling you're going to change it, so I didn't say anything.

Seems I was right. ;)

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    EternalPaladin: What's got you so upset? I'm not being facetious; I just didn't see anything that would make ME angry so I was wondering if I wasn't seeing what you did...

13. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Blackthorne TA:I just didn't like the comment Ironeagle made about me having illusions in my head. I took it as an insult, becuase it seems that he/she/it was not joking. All I wanted to do is make a point on how I was dissappointed with the game and I took for granted ALL of you who post were mature enough to handle this. I didn't expect that type of response, disagreements sure.
    B/T/W thanks Taluntain for giving me a chance to redeem myself for my inappropriate use of foul language.

14. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Also, Ironeagle: I beleive the correct term you are looking for is Delusion not Illusion.

15. IronEagle Gems: 13/31

umm, huh?
    the illusions in your head, you know in the game? the slayer thing... all the dreams about jon, this is a gaming board, i was talking about the game, if i was talking about you there would be other ways to do it. but apparently you thought i was insulting you for what ever reason...

16. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

Hey ironeagle,
    No offense man, but your wording in the original statement kinda sucked. But, I do apologize if you were refering to the game, it just didn't read like you were. Maybe the reason I was confused was because in the game the "illusions" you elude to are actually dreams. So again, I apologize and this seems like a case of miscomunication.

B/T/W, I really wasn't all that pissed off, just thought I had to defend my pride a little bit plus it was a bad day when I read that anyway which compounded the prob.

17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ahhh... I see... I took IronEagle's comments the way he said he meant them, but I can see how they could be misinterpreted to mean you personally... Now I understand why you could be a little pissed! :)

18. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

This reminds me of a CHAMP episode.

Like when the Champ is playing guitar, and Knuckles is on the keyboard. The Champ sounds terrible so Knuckles says, "Hey champ, come over here and sit on my organ and I'll tighten your G-string."

Well the Champ just LOSES IT!

All a miscommunication. :D

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited November 24, 2000).]

19. Archangel Guest

[​IMG] Excuse me for asking but isnt the Blood War in the Abyss? And i got told that is called the nine hells so it should mean that there is like nine layers. but i dont think that you can call those small rooms layers

20. EternalPaladin Gems: 7/31

To Archangel,
    From my understanding and what I have read, the Blood war is between the Demons (Tanar'ri) of the Abyss and the Devils (Baatezu) of the Nine Hells. Supposedly it has been going on for ages, but no god is willing to intervene. The Celestials are just fine with it because both evils are fighting each other. So basically it is a battle betwwen 2 of the 16 outer planes. It is kind of a frayed subject because many writers do not want to try to write about the mess.
    I wouldn't call those rooms "layers" either. I was qouting other sources or boards (forgive me for visiting them, because this one is the best) as calling it "Hell", because that seems to be the popular label for it, plus it is eluded to in the game. But you do have a valid point.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.