1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About "Smite Evil"

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by purplesun, Jun 1, 2005.

1. purplesun Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have trouble playing my two favorite classes, rogue and paladin because their main abilities don't work properly in this game.

whenever I click on Smite evil, all I see is a glow around my paladin and then nothing happens.

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Check your stats, pre and post special abilities. You should note an increase in base attack bonus and damage against evil. What is wrong with your rogue?

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Thus when you cast this ability-spell, your hit and damage rolls are affected and thats it. If you are looking for gods wrath to rain down and deal damage to all evil does, have your Cleric cast Holy Smite.

And what does a Rogue have to do with smiting :hmm:

4. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I found w/ my paladin because he had a 10 charisma score smite evil was completely useless and did nothing but show a fancy little animation

5. Shrikant

Yeah. You need a positive charisma modifier, ie. Char stat greater than 12. There is no change in your charecter record sheet in either case, so don't be bugged about that.

I do hope the quote I posted was wrong in one sence.
    One freakin attack! I do hope its atleast one round, else pallies have been really shortchanged here.

6. hedron Gems: 7/31

Veteran

"One freakin attack! I do hope its atleast one round, else pallies have been really shortchanged here."

Yea, the only way I could see its use is if you had a multiclassed paladin, for ex. a pallie/sorcie, w/ 18 charisma and sacrificed strength for other abilities like dex, con and wis .. of course this combo wouldn't make the best tank, more of casting pallie ... and you would need the extra smite, of course it takes a round or so, making it not very strategic

7. Spliff Krieger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Would my (pure class) lvl 10 sorcerer benefit from a few pally-levels...?
    I mean, the link is quite clear... I have loads of charisma with my sorcerer...

But what bonuses would he get? Would they be worth it or should I just continue with my pure class 'Magic Macho'...

8. Shrikant

His Charisma modifier will be added to all saves.
    Pallies get immunity to fear at L2.
    +1Str & +1Wis after getting the Cera Sumat, which will confer 25% magic resistance when weilded.

Take no more than 2 or 3 levels. But is your sorc LG?

9. MrNexx Gems: 7/31

Two levels is optimal for most Paladin mix-ins; you get the immunity to fear, the Charisma bonus to saves, but don't start running into the larger XP drains of more levels.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.