1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aces posted with my IP address?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by AMaster, Dec 17, 2002.

1. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    so, I tried to reply to the 'What Can Change the Nature of a Man' thread over in the Alley, but got told that someone using my IP address was the last poster. That's strange, since this is my private computer and I think I'd notice some random person using it in my house.

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Your kidding!? :lol:

How can we the exact same IP???

Maybe very, very close but...

I see your are from CA. I'm way over here in NY state. That would be quite a task for me to sneak into your house and use your PC from 3000 miles away. :shake:

[ December 17, 2002, 08:52: Message edited by: Aces ]

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hmmm, that is very odd, do both of somehow have the same provider?

4. Aces Gems: 19/31

When I replied above earlier I got an error message and my AOL crashed...
    :nolike:

There must be something wrong somewhere. Geez... What are the odds that, if two people did have the same IP address by mistake, they would meet on the same message board?

One in a million??? :lol:

[ December 17, 2002, 16:07: Message edited by: Aces ]

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I can see me and mortensen (or Meeshell if you know her well;)) having fun with the same IP address prob. Ah well, this is what I get for being so corrupting :p

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Are but of you using DHCP or a static IP Address??

Since if both of you got the same IP than theres something not going well :rolleyes:

[ December 17, 2002, 18:16: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you're both on AOL it's quite possible... AOL assigns IPs very broadly. Unfortunately this system that prevents your replying is there to prevent people replying to their own posts. It's not perfect though, since things like this happen. I'll look into it a bit more when I upgrade the boards again in a week or two.

8. Aces Gems: 19/31

Yep. I've been using AOL since my first trip into e-space.
    :borg:

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Tal will you be looking to make it so that the same IP address but different users can post after each other? Would save a bit of waiting round I discovered tonight :p .

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, this is what I'll do.

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Ta :D That should save a load of waiting while Shell 'just finishes' posting lol
    Yes she is like that only worse in person.

[ December 18, 2002, 21:51: Message edited by: Vermillion ]

12. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yeah, I use AOL. well, at my mom's house anyway. My dad=earthlink, so no worries here. Thanks Tal!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.