1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adalon dead. Now what?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I've never killed her before, but because I'm playing the Valen mod, I had no choice. Now what the hell do I do? I'm running around looking for an exit, but I can't exactly see one. I've got the note, but that doesn't tell me much.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The only exit I know of is in the Ko-Toa (sp) part of the underdark...I've never killed her either, so I don't know if that way is accesable if you kill her instead of helping her. :rolling:

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you kill Adalon you can just waltz out. No problem. You cant get any of the gear from the drow merchants though but I am pretty sure that you can go into the city and just slaughter every black skinned devil there.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Do you mean you killed her BEFORE you entered Ust Natha? You didn't keep the dragon eggs for yourself? I'm a little confused here. I recently tried the Valen mod, but it was buggy beyond belief, so I stopped. She forces you to attack Adalon as soon as you meet her?

5. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

No. What happens is Valen has a little chat with the Lesser Demon Lord which MM Ardulace summons. In exchange for the Dragon eggs, the demon gives you a couple items and boosts Valen up the wazoo. You therefore have no dragon eggs to give Adalon. She attacks you pretty much on sight.

The problem I was having was I was roaming around the Underdark looking for the Kao-Tao exit (aka the Western Tunnels). I eventually found it, but it wasn't marked on my map for some reason.

So far I haven't had any bugs occur. Well, other than that Edwin has been a chick for about a month now :p Don't know if it's Valen related.

PS: joacqin, Adalon is the dragon dude. Ardulace 8is probably the one you're thinking of.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    So are you out now? Sorry I misintpreted your question. I had not realized you were just having trouble finding the exit.

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nope, I am thinking of the white dragon. If you kill her before entering Ust Natha the disguises will disapear and the entire drow city will attack you on sight. I know, I have been there.

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Edwin doesn't get his encounters unless you're in Athkatla, so that might be why he's still a woman.

Having him whine about it all the way through chapters 4 and 5 is fun :)

9. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I've had that guy come for him when I was in the Unseeing Eye dungeon though. Maybe that counts as Athkatla. I don't know. I don't play evil very much.

10. Adia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The exit out of the underdark that I usually use is just left of the bridge where you meet the s-whatsit dwarves. You can just keep walking near the edge of the screen till you find your cursor turns to that exit symbol. Then you go to the Ku-Tor area, where the real exit is.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I've done this before. If you kill Adalon, after completing Ust natha, then there is no prob. If you go into the western tunnels, where the Kao-Toa are, you can leave quite simply. There are 2 drow guards to kill, but the game allows it quite happily. You have to kill her if you are making the human flesh armour, so it must be allowed. :D

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    White dragon?!?!? Adalon is a Sliver Dragon!

What happens if you kill her BEFORE you even enter Ust Natha? Would you even be able to enter the city without the disguises? I'm just wondering because that's what I'm planning on doing in my current game. :rolling:

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I presume that you could just kill Adalon and leave without considering Ust Natha at all. I'd guess that the city would be hostile to see a group of surfacers enter though. If I remember correctly there is a guard outside the City who questions you, he might sound the alarm there are surfacers coming.

14. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Yeah, I think killing Adalon before, might not be that good a thing to do. Unless the game then brings in Biff the Understudy to patch up the story problems. :roll:

15. Falk Gems: 1/31

If you've killed Adalon with you evil PC, be sure to get her blood! It's usable in the "Skinner" quest, in which you make an armour from a human hide. The one who asks for this blood is a guy in Umar Hills, who you contact through buying the History of the Zhentarim. You have to have done the beginning of the quest first though...

16. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

On a (sorta) related note, i am a fan of taking evil PC's with good and neutral NPC's. It does make sense, if you know my character. But you dont. So anyway-
    What 'evil' quests will piss off good NPC's? If it helps, i dont take the real do-gooders like keldorn and mazzy.

17. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

I think the only things, besides rep and other NPC's, that piss off the goody goodies are a)killing adalon, b) killing Drizzt & co. Maybe also helping Firkraag.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Helping Firkraag does piss them off. IIRC, so does killing the Deep Gnomes in the Underdark *if* you send Solaufein away first. I'm sure there's a few more things, but I can't remember them.

19. Soulbringer Gems: 1/31

Kitrax
    What happens is that you skip the Drow city, and walk right to the exit, and move on with the main quest (Just remember to loot the dragon body).

20. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31

The Human Flesh armour isn't *that* great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.