1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Add-On Adventures

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aragon, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Aragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello all! I just recently purchased both Shawdows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. My questions are: 1) Should I install both games or play through Amn and then install Bhaal after I completed the first game? 2) I noticed there were several add-on adventures on this site. Should I add them before I start Amn or wait till I complete it and then add them for further adventures? I appreciate any feedback/suggestions. Thanks!

2. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Install Shadows of Amn, then Immediately after Throne of Bhaal, then immediately after the latest ToB patch (no 26498) which covers all the official bioware changes. You can get it from http://www.bioware.com/games/throne_bhaal/support/patches

Myself I haven't added any unnofficial add-ons. For a first time through I wouldn't bother.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Best 2 general hints I can give you - 1) Quicksave regularly (just press q) and 2) use the right tools (weapons and spells) for the job - ie if you are having problems with your party running around in panic, load up your quicksave (see hint 1!), cast 'Resist Fear' or equip items with immunity to fear and face the danger again...

:rolleyes:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, if I were you, I would:
    • 1st: install SoA
    • 2nd: install ToB
    • 3rd: install the ToB patch
    • 4th: download/install the Kelsey SoA mod
    • 5th: download/install the Kelsey ToB mod
    • 6th: download/install the Solaufien mod
    • 7th: have fun playing all the way through SoA to ToB with Kelsey and Solaufien in your party
    • 8th: If you find any other mods you like...download them and try them out!
    Well, that's what I usually do...
    :~)
    BTW: Welcome to SP Aragon!!! :rolling:

4. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

(must) SoA -> (must)ToB -> (must)Tob Patch -> (optional, highly recommended) Solaufein mod -> (optional, but a must for me) Ascension mod

:D

5. Aragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

First, I would like to thank everyone who has replied! Your help is greatly appreciated. I have noticed that several of you have made the suggestion that I download what I take to be NPC patches for characters that can join my party. I have looked on this site for the patches mentioned but was unable to locate them. I would appreciate any information on where I may find these. Also, I have loaded Amn and Bhaal into my C drive and have also downloaded a patch for Amn but I am unable to locate the newest Bhaal patch. Help! Thanks again for all your help!

6. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I recomend just installing SoA and ToB and the latest patch. I do hovever suggest that you do not use ANY mods (exepting perhaps the Official extra merchants) for the first few times through the game. Your probably gonna get more out of the game playing with only official stuff the first times.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  8. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Bah. There are plenty of mods which can be cleanly inserted into BG2 without "ruining" a first-time experience. I happen to think Kelsey is an excellent example of this but he is not the only one.

Although some aspects of Solaufein are best experienced by multi-time players, and you may wish to get more comfortable with the BG2 combat system and difficulty level before installing the Weimer/Solaufein improved combats, I do not feel that BG2 must be played "pure" the first time out.

Kelsey's direct link is http://www.forgottenwars.net/kelsey (although he is indeed listed on the SP mods page as well.)

[ September 20, 2002, 19:39: Message edited by: jcompton ]

9. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

various mods here :

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/

I think the Ascension mod could be said semi-official, since it's made by a game designer, and it's indeed a more "complete" and "fuller" ending.

10. JTG Dragon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The only mod you may want to install for your first time through are the extra merchants. Notice that you won't value the enchantments of all the other mods out there unless you play the original game first.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Only one tiny little bit :)

Install Soluafein BEFORE Kelsey mod. IIRC when installing Kelsey it asks you if it include Soluafein support in it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.