1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Advance beyond level 40?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Caspian, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Caspian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I was just curious if there is anyway to advance your character beyond level 40? Dual/single/multi? My solo Blade just reached his XP cap and he hasn't left for Spellhold yet.

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

There's a lvl50 mod in the TeamBG Tools section. (Third from the top.)

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A solo blade? You're brave.
    I always think that a solo would be tough - at least early on. But a bard... ouch.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    A solo Jester or even a solo Skald would be challenging, a solo Blade is fun. IMO the best way to get bored with soloing.

5. Caspian Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Barmy Army,

Caradhras is right. You become very powerful very quickly. Rogues level up so fast. I was casting 15th level Animate Dead only a few encounters after I got out of the first dungeon. Once I got Mislead, Spell Immunity and Improved Haste there wasn't much I couldn't handle.

Once you get the HLA's Use Any Item, Improved Bardsong, and Spike/Time traps the world is yours.

If you haven't read Scythesong's Guide to Blades I highly recommend it. It's a straight powerclass if you solo.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Some say that lvl50 mod can be a bit buggy, like after lvl40 you lose all spellslots and abilities etc. Try it, if it bugs you re-install it works then. (hopefully)

7. Krentaris Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't get bored with soloing very quickly, in fact every game I do is a solo. I was unable to play with a Blade because to me, they lacked the THAC0 and Attacks/round of a Warrior, the sneaky tactical advantages of a Thief, and the pure spellcasting power of a Wizard or Priest. Guaranteed though; they have mage spells up to spell level 6, gain in caster levels exponentially fast, and have a solid melée ability - not to mention some of their HLAs.

I do agree though; since they max out their potential very fast, it all comes down to whether you like playing the character or not. It is admittedly disappointing to see all the thousands of experience you are earning go down the drain. Then again, I like Sorcerers, and they need even less. I suppose it depends what kind of mood I am in, I can experiment with new spell combos all the time, but deep down I know that if I really need to win a fight then all I have to do is try...

I much prefer Fighter/Thieves for rogues, they suit my style much more comfortably, and backstabbing is oh so fun. I would try soloing Tactics, or whatever the mod is, but Château Irenicus puts me off.

Anyway, try one of the level 50 rulesets. You might get extra HLAs but your spells as always will be stuck in limbo 30 levels back. Of course to enable them to catch up would unbalance the game even more, but :D

8. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

soloing a sorcerer is easier than taking a full party in my opinion, if you are an experienced gamer that is...

i'm currently doing my third F/T solo, but this time with the kensai kit from shadowmaster, and having a blast! this char really is cool

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.