1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie Glitch? **Spoiler Alert**

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Jan 14, 2004.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

After Bodhi had taken Aerie I took her black heart and Aerie's body to Elhan, and I ended up going to Suld. After clearing the temples and everything I went to the Elven War Mage thinking maybe he would have some answers, (because nothing was comming up while I spoke with ELhan like 50 times). He told me to go to the temple of oghma and so I did, (in the Docks district). I found out that when I drop Aerie's body the monk speaks to me and says something mundane and irrelevant, and when I pick her up he doesn't talk to me at all, and the priest of Oghma doesn't help me at all, any ideas?

[ January 14, 2004, 22:15: Message edited by: omnigodly ]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Go to the statue in the Shade Lord dungeon that has too hands outstretched (behind the letter puzzle.) Put Bodhi's heart and Aerie's body into the statue's arms.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Take her and the heart to the ruined temple of Amaunator (from the Umar Hills quest). Drop body and heart in the altar (past the spelling quiz). Voila.

Edit - Rastor beat me to it.

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

It didn't work, for anyone that stumbles onto this msg, I dropped them in front of the altar and nothing happened. I am unable to select the temple or any such thing :(

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You should be able to click on it. You are in the left room just past the room with the letters on the floor that you traverse by walking only on the squares that spell "AMAUNATOR", right?

6. tabari Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This happened to me too. I was running the mouse over it too quickly and it didn't light up for me.
    It was sorta annoying.
    I think its the same room with the talking shadow. Or the room beside it. There should be a little part in between his arms that turns blue. Then its just like a chest so you click on her to throw her in.

7. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Omg, I went to the statue of amuanator :( and to the tomb where the chosen of amuanator was, (the little girl)... no wonder :(

8. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Near the room where you kill Bodhi, there are two grimoires of vampiric knowledge. Read them and you'll find some answers.

9. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

There might be some troubles with Aerie herself. once I changed her into swashbuckler (pretty stupid, isn't it?) and the game crashed when Aumanator raised her. I never messed with her since and it's for the best.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think that's because when you raise Aerie it brings in a different creature file from the one you had before. It brings forward any changes to stat, level, hp, spells and whatever but doesn't change the class. I'll probably be corrected soon though.

The path you go is meant to go:
    Bhodi dead -> get books -> go to the temple -> go to the umar hills -> go to statue.

However you should be able to just grab the heart and Aerie and go.

The priest glitch is because you are meant to have the books on you to get the conversation. But not talking at all? Sounds like a bug. Perhaps an updated patch, or perhaps just a one off bug.

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Whenever you raise Aerie, it does not create a new creature. If you look at the cleanse.bcs script, you'll see that it actually does a MoveGlobal command to move the already existing Aerie creature (that Bodhi took) to your current location. If the game actually created the creature, then the game wouldn't crash.

12. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Hm.., the course that I took was grab Bodhi's heart and Aerie's body, then I went to Elhan, he took me to Sulden. and didn't tell me about vampirism. THen I went back and spoke to a War Sage, who told me to see the Temple of Oghma for tomes I could use... appearantly they don't have many good tomes though :( .

And thanks but at this point it doesn't matter, I had already discarded her body in anger and moved on to ToB. She has been replaced *sigh*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.