1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alternative game

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Robert, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi all.
    After running through the game a couple of times I'm getting just a little bit tired of it so I need another rpg to play for some weeks until I can return to Amn. Does anyone have any suggestions? Btw soloing is much better than runnig around with a party...

2. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi Robert, Welcome.

Before giving up on BG- try downloading some of the mods. New game scenarios and character dialogue-- not as interesting if you solo, though.
    Icewind Dale is another possibility.

Side note, be very careful posting 2 nearly identical topics, it is frowned upon.

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Best RPGs?

Albion (unbeatable atmosphere and feeling)
    Planescape Torment (unbeatable storyline and characters)

Fallout 1,2 (sci-fi/postcatastrophic and funny)
    Baldurs Gate 1,2 (dunno whether you played both)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Go retro for a while. Check out some abandonware websites, grab some ancient games and play them through. Try Space Rogue or Eye of the Beholder.

5. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31

Eye of the Beholder I and II are great, III crapy.
    Dungeon Master - could play this forever, wold that be I had time for it.

6. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wizardry 8...I can't get enough of this game

7. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sorry my connection was messy so thats why there were two very similar topics. Ive played through BG+totsc(good) and tried planescape(not so good) and fallout(booring). I'm not really that interested in retro-gaming, I played a few of them before they became retro... I'm more interested in games made after 98. But thanks for your answers

[ June 29, 2003, 19:25: Message edited by: Robert ]

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why has no one mentioned the Icewind Dale games? If it's IE games you're sick of, then go for a Wizardry 8, or go really old school and try the old Ultima games. Otherwise, IWD 1, which is like $20 right now w/ expansion seems like the perfect answer. Download Trials of the Luremaster as well (free download-only expansion pack).

In fact...that sounds pretty good - haven't played it in a while. I may spend my weekend doing just that. :D

[edit - oops. Looks like Tayja did bring it up. Well then...I second Tayja. Go get IWD. It pretty much rules. ]

9. Elden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Play Arcanum, one of the best RPGs ever.

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

IWD I&II
    Planescape Torment
    Fallout

11. Ameorn Gems: 9/31

Divine Divinity
    Diablo 2 (i hate it but you might like it)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.