1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Am I the only one who REALLY dislikes elves, half-elves, halflings and gnomes?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zaragoth, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] And Half-orcs are not that cool either. I simply just likes humans and dwarfs. only.
    I can´t play with the other races cuz I find them lame :D
    What´s wrong with me!?

2. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] I don't really know what's wrong with you....but something definately is. Maybe you watched Snow White too many times as a child. Maybe you have repressed sexual feelings for Sneezy and Sleepy.

Just Kidding

I'm just the opposite....I've allways played Elves and Halflings...but never really dwarves or gnomes. I do, however, get the impresion that it is a personality thing....I wouldn't be surprised if several other people have this problem.

[This message has been edited by Llandon (edited August 11, 2001).]

3. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Gnomes are great wizards with their 19 intelligens. And they can be mc illusionist.
    I never play them though i stick to the halfelfs and elf :p

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited August 11, 2001).]

4. TrueColorz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I really dislike playing as any race other than human. I dunno why, I guess it really is just a personality thing. I actually don't mind Half-Orcs for the Kensai or Barbarian class.

5. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I just hate to be gnome, dwarf, elf, halfelf or any little thing. :D

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yes, you are the only one. In fact you don't even exist in my life so you in fact are the zero one. In my life there are no racists.

7. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I ONLY play as Elves or, if necessary (Druid, Bard) Half-Elves. I don't know why, I just prefer the fey folk. :)

8. garathorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i only use humans cause they make strong fighters and i usualy only play fighters

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yep, I fear you are alone (well, at least in bad, racist company) - I like elves, dwarfs, gnomes and halflings because they all have certain unique abilities and characteristics. Prpobably you just lack imagination :p :D

10. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Here's IMO the best race for the best class:
    Fighter:Half-Orc
    Thief: Halfling, Fighter/Thief: Elf, Mage/Thief: Elf, Mage: Gnome, Fighter/mage: Gnome, Bard: HalfElf, Ranger: Elf.
    The only reason i play human is the monk, i hate dual classing i think multiclassing is a lot better.

11. Zaragoth Guest

I´m NOT a RACIST assholes!!! :mad:
    I´m just not really comfortable playing as any other race, cuz they just are not.... me!
    It´s probably a personal thing, but the fact is that I can´t imagine myself as a Halfling running around as a cute little assassin!!
    Extremist, you make me sick.. Do I have to like all the races? Am I a racist if I don´t????
    grumble....asshole...grumble...hrpmph!

12. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

WOW!

Fantisy Raceism?

I don't know how this got turned into a raceism issue...this is, after all, a FANTISY GAME! RELAX!

There is no need to get all hostile...just another post about what other people like to play....this is a ROLE PLAYING game, isn't it? Of course people are going to like to play different races and classes....if they didn't, the upcoming NWN would be EXTREMELY boring! Some people like to roll play elves, others gnomes, still others dwarves. I perfer to play a transvestite 1/2 kobold Barbarian......CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

[This message has been edited by Llandon (edited August 12, 2001).]

13. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

LOL, never seen one of those.
    I don't have a particular favourite, but i don't usually play halflings or gnomes as much, just because i can never see them as the son of the god of murder. Well apart from Montaron, but that idea's already been done.

14. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] And just to mention it Zaragoth, the coolest person in the entire bg series is halfling. Yes a bloody halfling! . Alora! HAHA
    Llandon: Great! I like your half kobold transvistite. I think i'll change my character. All power to the half kobold transvestites!

15. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I find myself either playing a human or an elf. Human chr's; I guess I just identify with them more(go figure), and I am fond of elves.

16. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I play human because I'm a fickle sonovabitch and I want to have my cake and eat it too (aka dual classing =) If elves could dual class I'd prefer them though *sigh*

17. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31

I would have to agree with Tasohan; certain races are better suited for certain classes. I play humans when I want a paladin, dwarven fighters because of the constitution bonus, elven thieves or rangers because of the dexterity bonus. I've never actually played a gnome or a halfling, though for no particular reason.

18. Sol'Kanar Guest

I always play an Elf. Elves rule. Usually an Elf wizard in BG2, though the real D&D allows a lot more flexability.

19. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like elves. I usually play as a half-elf (like Elrond).

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I like to play an Elven Ranger. Most play with Elves however dwarves and humans are also good to play with. I don't like playing with Gnomes...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.