1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anti Paladin Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by christopher_c_pitzer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just started an Anti-Paladin. Since he is a fighter subclass, I went ahead and placed 5 stars in 2 Handed Swords and two stars in 2 Handed Weapon Style.

Right now he is level 10 and I was wondering where I should take him from there. The character is a Half-Orc with 19 strength and it appears that he can use missle weapons. I am not sure if I will actually get any other party members, but if I did, I would take only Korgan, Viconia and Edwin.

Should I stick to 2 handed weapons like the halberd or spear, or should I branch out to some of the one handed weapons like long swords. I also have the item upgrade mod installed, but I have not really checked it out much because I am still deciding what I want to do with him.

Thank you guys and gals for any advice.

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, two-handed swords really are the best melee weapon you could get for him. I'd go for some ranged weapon, most likely short or long bow.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Don't go to one handed weapons with that many points in two-handed swords. Go with a bow of some sort, to give him some range. If you start with one handed weapons, you might be tempted to use a shield, which will remove your bow options.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'd stick with pieces of metal wielded in two hands.

Its easier to make sickening, blood spattered, gut sprawled all around scenes with a bigger weapon. And posing for Edvina to take a picture :thumb:

Not to mention those bloody gibberling dwarves killed in a single hit. Extremely handy.

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I suggest going for a full melee fighter. Forget about bows, go for Halberds and keep improving from there.
    Reason being that your 19 strength would be better complemented with a melee weapon and not a bow or other wise.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Or better still, put everything in hammers and flails. That way you'll eventually have STR 25 and be dual-wielding Crom Feyr and the Flail of Ages +5. There's certainly not a halberd in the game that gives the kind of killing power they dish out, although the Dragon's Breath halberd is a handy weapon to use while you're assembling Crom Feyr and the Flail.

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The Ravager is an awesome halberd eventually, however you won't be getting it for a long time. Still before the Flail of Ages +5 though.

8. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The Ravager *is* a pretty weapon, especially useful for those times when you instantly kill really tough enemies. And it's even more effective when it's upgraded.

But on the downside, halberds are two handed weapons. I wouldn't consider the Ravager +6 a worthwhile exchange for either Crom Feyr or the Flail of Ages +5 and considering that you can't use an off-hand weapon with the Ravager or even a shield, I think you're better off sticking to one handed weapons.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.