1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any doctors here?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've got a bad aching pain that runs from my lower neck, down my shoulder and a little down my right side. It's mostly all around my right shoulder. I've had it for a few days, at first I just thought I must have slept funny on it or something, but it's gradually getting worse. Proper doing my head in now. I feel rough as a badgers arse this morning because I got about 2 winks sleep last night. I popped 4 really strong painkillers and 4 strong paracetamol but still the pain woke me up when I turned over to my right side in my sleep. It bloody hurts big time when I'm laid down. Plus, taking a big breath brings pain there too.

If it was just an ache I thought it would have cleared up by now, but it's just getting progressively worse. Anyone know what it might be? I don't fancy bothering my GP about something so lame as this, and I can predict what his answer would be ('Right, yeah, hmm... give it a week or so, and if it's still giving you gip come back to me'... so helpful- not).

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Sounds like a neurological problem. I'd go to the doc right away.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hear Fel, pain that isn't helped with eight units of painkillers is not lame and I'd see the doctor immediatly.

4. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I agree with Fel & Morgoth.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Forget your Doctor, go straight to a Walk-in centre or A&E, as Morgoth said 8 strong painkillers is too much in a short period, make sure you give them all the symptoms and when it first started. By the sounds of it it's getting worse and will continue until it's sorted. Don't let them fob you off with just painkillers and if they do go back the next day complaining it's getting worse. Sort it Barmy.

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm not a Doctor, only a RN, but they all have it right. Sounds like nerve issues, I would go see a Doctor pronto, an ER would probably be best.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Bah, doctor, shmockter, gimmie a 2x4 and a couple of minutes and you'll forget all about it.

But seriously, if you need painkillers and 2 isn't enough by rule of thumb I'd go see a doctor.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dislocated shoulder?

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm a doctor of Law...Want me to sue someone for it?!?!? Was it a result of negligence on the part of some greedy corporate entity? I can get money for you! ;) :evil: :grin: :spin:

But seriously, I'd get that checked out.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah, I think I will go to the docs if it doesn't clear up in the next few days.

I don't think I'd be able to move it if it was dislocated, kuemper.

11. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm telling you this as a fysiotherapist, and telling it clearly.

Go. See. A. Doctor.

Could be neurological, could be a bruised rib, could be anything. I honestly can't say from your description (and even with an accurate description, I can't make a 100% sure diagnosis over the internet) but whatever it is, it's something that causes enough pain to keep you awake despite strong painkillers. That alone is enough to send of a red flag to me.

As for dislocation, yes it can be. Sometimes, dislocated shoulders just pop right back immediately. That means that while the joint's back in place, there's still a lot of tissue damage around the joint.

Again, go see a doc. I strongly advise against waiting a few more days. And don't take a "see how it goes in a week" answer from your physician. When something's keeping you awake THAT badly, it shouldn't be dismissedlike that.

12. DarkStrider

Barmy, read my earlier post; stop being a macho F***wit and get it sorted, go to an A&E NOW

13. Barmy Army

Media:
    Yeah you're prob right fella, it's 1.30am at mo and Barrera is fighting Juarez in half an hour. So I'll get toked up on painkillers and have another night of gip - and if it's no better tomorrow I'll definitely get to the hospital. It's the pain when breathing (or sniffing!) that's most annoying... and concerning.

Thanks by the way guys ;)

14. DarkStrider

Barmy watch the fight, and then go would be the best thing, if you have pain breathing you can only make it worse by leaving it. Please go.

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Personally, I'd see a chiropractor first. (S)He'll probably be able to fix you up with less muss and ceremony - and, if not, you can still get to a medical doctor.

16. DarkStrider

Rally that takes an appointment he needs to see someone now

17. Taza

I'd ignore Rally's advice, and go to a real doctor ASAP.

That kind of pain isn't to be played with.

18. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I would like to have been a doc, cant now. Rally has given the BEST advice. It sounds like siatica posibly by a pulled muscle impinging on your nerves. A chiro can look you overand see what's up with your muscles, and if pos, can actually help.

19. Taza

Apparently this thread has been trapped in the swamp between superstition and forum politics.

Go see a real doctor.

NOW.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Geez, what's to fight over? They're not mutually exclusive, so just do both. Make an appointment with a chiropractor (probably about a week from now is the best you can get) and then go see a doctor immediately. If it turns out to be a back problem, the doctor will tell you so and you've already got an appointment. If it's not, you can always cancel your chiro appointment and get treatment from the doctor. I doubt they'd charge you anything for cancelling on the same day you got the appointment.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.