1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

any way to import?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Doomlord, Nov 11, 2000.

1. Doomlord Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] After beating the game today(to my surprise the great mage,to be god Irenicus was one of the easiest bosses I saw in a game);I felt I hadn't have enough BG2.So I started a multiplayer game in hardest difficulty but I was shocked to see that all my protagonist's possesions were simply gone.I want I don't think it is a bug so is there any way to import your character with the items?Any way to import your npcs?(BG1 allowed both).I loved the char sounds of Aerie and Keldorn(especially Aerie's was superb);how can I import their voices over my own npc's.Thanks for your replies;I really need help.

2. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you want to have your stuff in a multi-player game simply begin the game. After the game auto saves, reload the auto-save, delete your character and import him again into the auto-save. You will then have all your stuff. I'm sot sure if you can use the voices of the NPC's or even how you would do it.

3. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Pardon me but can you explain it a bit more? I mean which autosave? mplay or splay?After you start mp session you can't delete your char wouldn't it end the game or can you?Also the game doesn't let you import you npcs. the import button is closed... please help I really don't want to have a lvl 21 priest who doesn't even have a mace :(

4. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

Anyone??Help me please.

5. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh gosh, how do I explain this? You can copy files into multi and single player folders, one to the other. If you're playing a single player game, copy it into the multi player folder, after starting a new game. Then reload. You can delete your character, and replace it with one from the character files, that way, you'll have the character with all the stuff! You can then save, and re-copy back to single player, which is better. It loads faster in single player. I hope I made sense.

6. derah Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  7. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Thanks for your replies it will help.Yes it would be nice to import npc sounds (esp. aerie).thanks...

8. Wrathman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Your mighty Doomlordness,
    A technique I used was to start a multi-player game with just your main character. Sit through the opening sequence until old Jon is called away to deal with his assassin infestation. As soon as Imoen finishes her spiel save your game. Before you load the game you just saved, Import your original character(yes, you should be seeing double at this point) into your second character slot. Load the game and transfer all your good stuff(prior to moving your character from BG/Tales, you might give him/her some extra stuff to sell for spending money)to your character in the main slot. Save the game. Before you load this time, delete the second character and you're in business. If you're going to run multiple characters import them now as well. They'll have all thier stuff too. I don't mess with custom voice sets so I don't know how this will effect that.

Wrathman

9. Wrathman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yo Doom,
    I think you're SOL on the NPC thing. I just started a game to check it out. The export button on Imoen, Minsc, and Jaheira are inactive/blanked. Guess you'd end up with the blue screen of death if an NPC tried to occupy the same space with him/herself...

10. Doomlord Gems: 4/31

Exactly that's what is happening if you mess with NPC importation.I messed and saw the unholy blue screen of death :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.