1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are there any nerds here?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by mark the beneficial shah, Oct 28, 2001.

1. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If teasing eachother for using the bitmap format on internet qualifies, I guess you find some.

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] lol, nerds......not really :D

dont nerd me boy :D

4. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Nerds?! Where? Oh, you mean us. :D

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

6. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I aint a nerd!

7. I know I'm not a nerd! Nerds go to the library or games room instead of going to dances to dance their asses off for 2 hours.
    Nerds hang around reading for 40 minutes instead of talking with the popular kids. Nerds love homework and don't leave it until the last minute. Nerds keep shoving their glasses up until it almost touches their eyes. Nerds don't wear makeup and say it's really stupid. I go to dances, I talk with the popular kids, I do my homework at midnight the day it's due, I let my glasses hang loosely and I wish I could get laser eye surgery so I don't need to wear them, I wear makeup. I'm no nerd!

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] People who go to the library, read books, wear their glasses however they like, don't wear makeup, and don't like to dance aren't nerds. They have more guts than everyone else because they don't conform just to fit in with everyone else. They are who they want to be and don't care what everyone else thinks. This does not make them nerds. In fact the real nerds are the people who do care what everybody else thinks and tries to conform.

PS I don't have glasses, and I don't have anything against dancing. I certainly don't wear makeup ;). And I don't care what others think.

9. Azardu Gems: 9/31

To chose your friends based on popularity seems kind of sad to me...

10. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nerds answer this topic..................Damn!

11. I don't pick my friends from popularity! Helllllo, you won't find anyone who picks their friends from popularity! 700 people are too much to have "popular" and "non-popular" people. I'm looking at the other schools around me.

12. Azardu Gems: 9/31

SG: If there are no popular people, how come you talk to them?
    Clearly one of us must be imagining things. :D

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] As I said before on the chat I'm a wannabe nerd. I have all the social ineptitude, the mild health/fitness problems (myopia, asthma etc.), the pallid complexion and so forth generally associated with the "Nerd" class, but none of the redeeming features such as the work ethic, the superior cultural/intellectual understanding, the technical wizardry or general employability. Perversely, I sometimes like to celebrate my nerdiness by doing such things as hanging a periodic table on my wall - for two reasons. One, it's very fashionable to identify one's self as an individual, or at least be different in some superficial way. Two, I hope that if I embrace the negative aspects of nerd-dom the positive ones will rub off on me in time. :D
    _|_|
    _|_|
    \___/
    _\_/ Please say you meant to type "good", or I will have to spontaneously combust from envy.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited October 28, 2001).]

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Mark: Why do you ask? To me its a silly/weird question.

Well, i have some of the classic "nerdy" qualities: I have glasses, im smart (no to brag or anything but my lowest grades are usually about A- so i guess its kinda good) I like Star Wars, I play D&D, I chat in english (here ONLY), I hate PE and I'm god at the computer.
    But im still popular in class, dunno why though. I dont wear fashion clothes, i dont listen to the new pop/techno music (I despise computer/electronic music) and so on. But i like it so im not complaining ;)

15. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I don't think that any one on the face of this planet can say that they "are not a nerd."

Honestly, you must have done something in your life that has been slightly nerdy before, you are here aren't you?

Popularity is over rated; i'm not popular but i have lots of friends. I have found that the "popular" people are real idiots some times(the ones i know) exept for the limited few that care for what they do to others.

16. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] If being a nerd means that you know just enough about computers to be incredibly dangerous, count me in.

If being a nerd means that you can solve math/algebra/calculus problems in your head at a glance, count me in.

If being a nerd means that you talk to your computer as though it was your friend, count me in.

If being a nerd means that cyberspace IS your reality, count me in.

If being a nerd means that your IQ hovers around genius, yet your social IQ bumps along at a constant below average, count me in. :o

If being a nerd means that your only girlfriends have been virtual, count me in.

If being a nerd means that your biological clock has no clue what day and night are, count me in.

If being a nerd means that you spend a mandatory 72 hours straight playing a game after you first buy it, count me in! :D :grin: :D

17. Smoothbrain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I consider myself more of a Science Geek actually.

18. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jeez. A post after a couple of beers and kind have harmed the pholk on the Sorcerer's board.
    Please accept my appology. I only ment my undying respect for your being.
    If I had the money i would buy you all all the beer you could imagine. Not mega brews either, but Sammy smiths, Sierra Nevadas, and even some Brooklyn Brewery!!!
    And than if there's time possibly some NL#5 for afterwards. But only if you forgive me. And.....If I had the money.
    Damn money! Always getting in the way of my fun!!

19. void Guest

There are 200 people in my scool, 196 of them consider me a "nerd", if all the things mentioned above make you a nerd then I'm completely nerdtacular ('cept about the homework bit). I agree that we unfaily dubbed "nerds" are if fact the only half intelligennt people around ;) .

BTW, you rock capstone! :D

Cheers, Void.

[This message has been edited by void (edited October 30, 2001).]

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Nerds love tweaking, overclocking etc. I'm not one. I know some about computers but prefer going out and sport and girls so I'm definetly no nerd :) Ah I have also no glasses :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.