1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Assassin weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Zaragoth, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Zaragoth Guest

Alright, people... I'm, once again, in need of advice. I'm going to play a assassin/mage, but I don't know which race I should be and what weapon I should use. I was thinking Katana - but it's, as you already know, not exactly an assassin's kind of weapon.
    Help me out here, everyone...

2. Gale Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Go for Katana (Dak'kon's Zerth Blade) and use daggers for backstabbing (firetooth +3/pickyprick)
    what race? only race you can be to be a kit and another class at once, HUMAN.
    cuz your dual-classing right? if not and going for plain thief/mage, gnomes I think would be good, as well as elves. I dunno if gnomes can be mage/thiefs though.
    KATANA/DAGGER
    HUMAN! :)

3. C'Jakob Guest

Mmmm . . . Poisoned throwing daggers? weapon's poison damage + Assassin's poison damage + mage casting Strength. That's a beaut.

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Doesn't really matter, because if you dual at 13 or later, you'll have all of those proficencies PLUS the 4 mage ones. As a rule, don't pick any weapon a mage can specialize in, so you'll have optimum choice in weaponary. You'll probably have + in almost all of the weapons a theif can use when you finish your dual class.

But for the beginning, I would go with long swords, short bow, and scimitar...

You can justify using a long sword to backstab if your character has 17 strength or more ;).

BTW, backstabbing with Celestial Fury is EVIL! :evil:

EDIT

What race? Um, unless you're going to cheat/hack/edit to make a multiclassed, you have to be human.

Great pick in character class, I do say so myself :).

The Tuigan is a great weapon through most of the game, as pumping a character full of 3 posioned arrows per rounds is extremly deadly. Switch it off with Tasheron's when fighting monsters that require more than +2 to hit. End the game with Gesen's.

I wouldn't recommend going into melee combat unless you're backstabbing. Casting spells should take up the majority of your time, and when you're not you should either be backstabbing or firing posioned arrows(usually in between spells).

For a backstabbing weapon, Firetooth +3 is without a doubt the best choice, and it's also a good ranged weapon, but I prefer Gesen's. You could also use Belm or Kudane +2 instead, if you'd rather have an extra attack per round.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited February 28, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.