1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aussies Fear Barmy Army Invasion!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I suppose they don't want you cavemen to thrash their pubs and cars and stuff. :D

3. Barmy Army

Media:
    The cricket fans are the complete opposite of our footy fans John! All in the spirit of the game and never any trouble.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, it's only the soccer fans you have to worry about. The cricket and rugby fans are great fun. When all the English rugby fans came to NZ for the Lions tour they were fantastic tourist.

PS Barmy - you seem to have lost a lot of weight recently.....

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Well, there's only one other thing i can think of then....they fear you drink em completely dry, that once you left, there won't be a drop of beer left in the whole country. :D

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    lol and now you might be right there ;)

Harbs - I've decided to go on a diet, it's been a massive success :D

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just when I found out that your avatar is in PS:T you lose weight...

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'll be happy as long as I get my tickets for the 4th and 5th tests cos I'm going to Melbourne and Sydney to watch them :cool:

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jammy git DartkStrider! Will you have any space in your suitcase? :D

I'd love to have the money to do that. What an experience that would be.

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Any English fans comming to Australia remember: the only Aussie beer worth drinking is XXXX - dont worry about any of the other, they're not as good :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .....Honest...
    And yeah, and dont touch any South Australian beer.

I read something similar to that article in my paper the other day, seems a bit excessive - I mean if they were doing it in England to Aussie supporters iI'd be up in arms. Let the English supporters in I say - let them spend there money - hey it's good for our economy! We'll win regardless of spectator support! :D

11. DarkStrider

@Stu I'll be in Melbourne and Sydney for the tests and i'll be drinking VB in Melbourne as for XXXX and Foster's I didn't see them last time I was out there :)

EDIT: @Barmy I'm lucky I have family out in Sydney so I have somewhere to stay there which cuts the cost and they're getting my tickets for me, which gets round the aussies trying not to sell them to us.

[ January 12, 2006, 13:30: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What a crazy comment for an Australian to declare that 99% of his beers are rubbish. There are hundreds of beers to choose from in Australia. Yes, steer clear of the likes of Fosters, but there are still loads of others to choose from.

13. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Sorry HB- sarcasm doesn't come out too well in text - XXXX isn't too highly regarded in South Australia. The overall message of the post was to leave the good stuff for the locals :D

14. DarkStrider

@Stu I got the sarcasm mate, I just ignored it with the same enthusiasm that aussies do over here when I tell them to drink XXXX or Foster's that they're the best available.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.