1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Back in the Day

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Firestorm, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Ahh, looking around and thinking back, much have changed... I remember coming here the first time (well the boards anyway, I've looked at a lot in the games section, earlier) and timidly reading the precious few topics about Khalid vs. Minsc and other subjects, those were times... But no matter how much I might have liked it back then, I can't help being a little proud on Tal's behalf, and be thankful for having experienced this nearly from the beginning.

Any other "oldtimers" want to throw in something?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I can't say I've had much fun here. It just became a habit. Just had to come here every day. Right now I don't have much time to play any games, and I don't even remember much of any of the games. But the game boards were always my favourites. I never even visited "Whatnots" the first months I was here :p .

Keep up the good work ;) .

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Well, I consider myself an oldtimer, and I hope other do too. SP hasn't changed much over the years in my opinion. It has expanded of course, but it stayed with the same succesful formula (even the design hasn't changed much over the years). The only thing that has changed are the people that come here to the boards and that hang around in the chatroom. I had a less active period from october 2002 to march 2003 and after that period, a lot of the other oldtimers were gone, and I actually miss some of them a bit. I never enter the chatroom nowadays, because it isn't the chatroom anymore, in my opinion.

But you can't expect people to hang around forever. Lifes change and because of some changes people need to focus on more important stuff...

[ December 22, 2003, 08:25: Message edited by: Mesmero ]

4. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Remember coming to the boards in search for a walk to IWD. Then suddenly the whole prerelease discussion for bgII started, and I began to hang around. But as I remember it, it was the coming of the first avatars back in april 2001 that really made the boards explode. A lot of new members came at that period, and the avatars made the spammers have a reason for spamming away.

I've been away from the boards for about two years because of military service, but have tried to become a regular again during these last couple of months. And now it is nice to see some of the oldtimers return again. Well met all of you!

5. Asterix Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Just all appreciate what you have here, even for free if you want. I watch this center of the internet thrive each year when I clean my weblinks. I hope to see it this way when I stumble by again in half a year. By then give me an explanation to why 3 out of 4 *old timers* are danes, Grovflab is a *suitable* danish word for forumparticipants, and it is definately cold now, heh. So long...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.