1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

backstabbing???

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by rwhitf1, Jul 29, 2000.

1. rwhitf1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my thief must suck, he can't ever stay in the shadows long enough to backstab anybody...and what does that special sword look like when you can backstab? can someone give me some hints?

2. Wingfoot Guest

i have never seen this backstab 'icon', that i have heard about. i always check to see how much damage i have done in the dialogue window. check the 'dialogue window', if you land a successful backstab you will see a message that reads something like this "backstab double damage", (depending on you thieves level), and then the amount of damage.

once you are in stealth mode, try to stay in areas that are shadowed, steath is constantly checked. when i create a thief, i usually chose an Elf because they have natural infravision, and w/ that, you can always tell when you are in a dark enough area. my thief had over 100 in steath by Chap. 4 due to magical items and putting points towards steath, and she still failed her checks when she stepped into brighter areas.
    there are numerous magical items and potions(potions are temporary) that can raise your thieves abilities as well.

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited July 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wingfoot (edited July 29, 2000).]

3. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I found this way to be the most reliable to get a back stab. Cast greater invisablility and then hide in shadows. Make sure you have a weapon that can back stab. My mage dagger plus to cannot but my short sword of stabbing +3 Hammer can. There is Spinesheath. Good weapon for backstabbing, perhaps that was what you were thinking of. Anyways.. to get on with the stratagey, get your theif in position before you set up your attack, ie. right behind the opponent, then attack... x3 hits every time!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.