1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad music that the world loves it seems!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Apeman, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

[​IMG] Is it me or is the music business desperate for any kind of music. I was driving in my car this morning when my favourite music station aired a song called: the cheeky song :(

Seemingly it's about buns, bottums and asses.

It didn't bother me that much, but when I heard this song arrived on the number 2 spot in the top charts of England I just couldn't believe it.

I immediatly thought back to (I don't know if this song was a hit in other countries) 'the macarena' which was an abysmal song in the nineties.

And recently 'the ketchup song' that has been driving me nuts for about 2 months.

My question is: Am I the only one who does not like music from: amateurs trying to score a hit, britney spears, shakira, christina aguilera, ANY R&B SONG :mad: or am I just growing to old.
    Because if you add those 'artists :rolleyes: ' you have got the hitcharts.

P.S. I like the following music styles: Rock, Pop, and little classical

P.P.S. and Rock stands for U2 and stuff like that, not KORN or Limb bizkit etc etc etc

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Yeah, i noticed it too, and i hate those crappy songs just as much as you do. But fyi, Shakira isn't someone trying to score a hit, she IS a hit in South America for many years now, but just recently started singing in English, because Gloria Estefan thought it would be a good idea.

3. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just yesterday I browsed through another forum where someone had started a new thread concerning the best hits of the nineties. I thought this quite amusing, considering the amount of crap I still remember from that era. I couldn't have been more wrong in my initial thoughts.

Modern-day music is crud. No doubt about it. There's not an inch of skill required to make anything. Tell me, why are all the most famous female singers so beautiful, even without plastic surgery? Because musical talent and physical beauty always come in pairs? Yeah, right. Well this has nothing to do with modern day music however, since this has generally been the case as an artist generally requires the moves, looks, rhythm and sound.. all of them. Still, I respect a common quitarist significantly more as an artist than any Britney Spears or some heavy metal junkie with no sense of musical rhythm beyond banging the drums and bass as hard as they're able.

Well I went sidetracking again. What I meant not being able to make a worse mistake, was that I actually loved the 90's music. Bailando, Metallica, and many others I don't even know the names of. I got cold vibrations due to the extreme stream of happy memories, and the unbelievably well made melodies. I am a senile, there's no other choice. Up to now I've always thought ahead of things. I've been glad with that the environment and things are changing, and always been the first one to move and explore what is new. But now, I find that exactly the same that has happened to my parents before me, is happening to me. I believe nowaday music is actually so lousy that there has never been such garbage in the history of mankind. But how do I know if everyone before me didn't feel exactly the same way? Let's face it, I have taken the first step to the direction of "oh the good old days when everything was still good and well". I wonder when I will take the second.

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

the worst song ever = Ann Lee - 2-Times...

it was popular for about three-four years ago... extremaly popular and its the overall worst song ever...

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Most of my music listening happens in the car, so I'm not always focused on what I hear. I remember, though, consistently being struck by the song "Smooth" when it was first getting airplay. It took a while for me to be in the car long enough to find out who did it (errand-hopping and all), and when I did I wasn't really surprised. Carlos Santana came out of near-death to teach all these whippersnappers something about real MUSIC.

Talent lasts. Choreography is only good until the first injury.

For those looking for something a little different on the airwaves, surf here WXPN. You'll be pleasantly surprised, I think.

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What ever happened to musicians like Janis Joplin, who proved that you didn't have to be attractive to be a good musician? (unless you hate her, because then the comparison falls through.) The way your face or your body has been put together should say absolutely nothing about whether the voice that you have is beautiful or not. And yet today, in a world where bubblegum pop is no longer looked down upon by the masses, only those with great physical beauty can have any talent. So you end up with the Britney Spears of the world, pumping out these tunes designed to get stuck in your head, designed to make you start to think that because a tune is catchy, and you can't get rid of it, you must like it. I'm sick of it! I say we fight back! Viva la revolution! *starts humming the French National Anthem*

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

About Janis, video killed the radio star. It really is a shame. Looks are more important than sound.

That I do not get.

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

The music "everybody likes" is bad.
    But there is a exception: The Gerdsong, a german parody of "The Ketchup song".
    But there is a lot of bad music "artists" out there:
    Nelly, Las Ketchup, Shakira... (Going on forever)

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Anton aus Tirol had me really puking up

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I give a party for my friends, they always bring their own music. For me, that's a compliment. :grin:

Usually they bring some rock and pop, because I don'have much of these kinds of music. But they know they shouldn't take Shakira, Britney, Las Ketchup and others with them. I warned them that if they did, I would break the cd's. :evil:

I hate most R&B, especially high-vocal boys like Cisqo (sp?) I realy hate this 'OOOOoohhh, yeaaahh babyyyy'. Bah!

For the Dutchies: Do NOT sing, humm or whistle songs like Toeter op mijn Waterscooter or suchlike Skihut-crap. I will hunt you and you'll beg for death before I even get you! :jawdrop:

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's down to the song, not the genre. I'm big on rock, metal, prog rock. But i also like SOME electronic, dance, hiphop. But not all of it.

Although, in general, i would have to agree that the music industry is a machine, relentlessly churning out cheesy poop. And if that is the only music you get to here on the radio, then people will naturally start to like it.

Likewise with all these stupid 'lets get loads of people to audition for this band/act and televise it and make the public vote' shows. If you point a camera at someone for long enough, they naturally become famous, whether they are worthy of being famous or not. So, if you play a song, or genre for long enough, people start to like it coz there is nothing else. It's almost institutionalisation.

12. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Apeman, you're not alone. I hate Britney, Christina and the others everybody has mentioned too. Why people make such crap? WHY??

Eze cries and listens to R.E.M.

13. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

They make such crap because most people have no taste.

Crap sells, unfortunately. Rather well, in fact. :(

14. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] DEAR GOD NOT THE CHEEKY SONG!!!!SPARE US!!

15. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What blows my mind is this ridiculous trend toward selling ones looks or sex appeal has entered into the realm of classical music as well. What that has to do with anything when it comes to skill and artistry I don't know.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I can't seem to remember any R&B song I ever liked. So it means I hate it with all my heart. Check Master of Nuhn's reply and you know what I mean.

It seems I forgot one or two (Probably because I tried to ban them out of memory and now it's back :( :mad: )

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    gee, Scarampella, you're not by any chance referring to Bond, are you?

So I guess you wouldn't be willing to wear a low-cut/high-slit dress if it would sell more tickets because all of a sudden the teenage boys wanted to come with their parents to your concerts? ;) :lol:

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey Taza, what about Gimmel? The epitome of product-music?

Gimmel= the Finnish Popstars band. I despise them!

I, too, hate Britney, Christina, N'Sync and all this crap they claim to be music these days. With the death of Radiomafia on January 13th, I will lose most of my fave radio programs and they will be replaced with pop crap... oh, the pain!

How can I go on without Norppa?

Someone feed Britney Spears to mutant rabbits, please?

Ara
    (Insane sadistic bastard... you should see my medical files...)

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You see... It's like that. They're all more concerned with overgrown copyrights than with art. Simply. It's all to make money. Money afore all. Money by any means. Money is sacred for them and what brings money is their credo. They bow to mediocrity, they worship averageness, in shallow they drown. The level of text is below the level of music if only this is possible. I do not despise them. I do pity them.

20. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

You don't have to be able to sing if you want to be the best singer of these days. Singing is all done by the computer. People who lack every bit of power in their voice may still sound great when you here them on tv or the radio, but once they sing live, they totally suck.

I don't like most of the songs in the charts nowadays. I don't listen to them. I almost never turn on the radio or watch music channels on tv. The only time I turn on the radio is at the end of the year. The 2000 best songs of all time. Six days of Queen, U2 and all kind of other good bands. Songs from the time you still needed talent to make a good song.

[ January 09, 2003, 19:37: Message edited by: Silverblade ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.