1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Begun this Clone War Has

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Big B, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Before I head off into some old fashioned solitary confinement for a few days, I leave you all with a gift :grin: the new trailer for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.

See it for yourself:

here

From search engine results I see you can find it in a gazillion places, but I like it there best because you can see all 4 trailers and don't have to have Quicktime.

The 3 across the top are the older, shorter teaser trailers, the one at the bottom titled "Clone War" is the new one and is a must see!!!

"You don't need guidance Anakin, I see you are becoming the greatest of all Jedi" - Palpatine

:evil:

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :alien:

YeeeeeHaaaaaaa!!!!! I saw it last night on TV! I can't wait, I can't wait!!! It looks like it is going to be really good! This trailer has much more action than the last few trailers that have been released!

Also, did you see the prelude to the Star Destroyers? There is one scene where a bunch of them lift off from Coruscant....Man, I am psyched!!!!!!

3. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Mmmmmm...
    Enjoyable, but I´d rather see the Two Towers trailer. ;)

4. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I saw the trail in the cinema the other day, I thought it a bit flat, especially after the non film that was Phantom Menace...

The whole Star Wars thing has ground to a halt it seems (at least to me).

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woohoo! Shaft has a purple lightsaber :D

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Why oh why is the download so slow! :cry: :flaming: :wail: :nolike: :sosad:
    I have to wait another 30min :(

7. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I caught it on tv last night too, and on the net at least 10 times this morning, embedding it in my brain :grin:.

On tv my reaction was "Sweet...but heavy on CG, I hope they didn't over do it."

But after viewing it this morning, the graphic intense scenes look no different than anything else out there right now. ILM has delivered in the past, and will continue to do so. Getting a glimpse of mid-action followed by more glimpses does not accurately simulate seeing it flow all together as one piece.

They've done a good job of giving us glimpses of the movie without spoiling too much. It tickles me that many (including myself) get so excited over things like Mace having a purple saber and Padme chained to a poll getting her back scratched open by a ???? ;). And that's not even the real goods. The best of physical and mental twists and eccentricities is yet to come :grin:.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited March 11, 2002).]

8. Mace Windu!

/me loves Mace, but wishes he was played by Chris Tucker ;)

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hmm.. having watched it many many more times, the best bit has to be when Jango Fett fires a proton torpedon at Obi-Wan, or Anakin dual-wielding lightsabers :D

Out of interest is the person that Obi-Wan says: "Your clones are very impressive" to Jango Fett sans armour? Or someone else entirely. And is it just me, or does that guy look far too normal to be in a SW film? ;) :D

[Edit]

Oh, and I have very high hopes for the soundtrack as well, from the excerts of new tracks on the trailor, it should be immense :D

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited March 11, 2002).]

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Sam Jackson is plenty enough for Star Wars ;).

Also, Wildfire, there is no new music in the trailer. The majority of it is taken from Return of the Jedi. The end is a piece known as the Concert Suite, which is an alternative track to the Battle of Endor music in RotJ, but don't worry John Williams always delivers ;). That can be said without a doubt.

Jango Fett sans armor ehh? Hmmm keep the wheels turning Wildfire, AotC has lots of surprises.

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I kinda doubt that the clones are Jenga's. I could be wrong, but remember that Obi-Wan said something about bounty hunters, and next thing you know Slave 1 was zipping around? If Jenga was rich enough to create a cloning facility, I doubt he'd be risking his life for a few credits.

My question is: What were those large reptilian creatures causing so much havoc in the trailer? Krayt dragons perhaps? Seeing as they scare sand people silly, maybe more sand people action will happen...

(P.S. - concerning sand people - what about in SW4 when Obi-Wan says, "these blast points are too accurate for sand people. Only Imperial Storm Troopers are so precise." (or something similar) while in SW1, they're picking off pod racers travelling at several hundred kilometers an hour. Hmm...)

12. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Let me hibernate untill it comes out. I can't wait. Yoda tells me to be patient but I will not. :sosad:

Edit, who knows how accurate stormtroopers would have been, had they been shooting at podracers?

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited March 11, 2002).]

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How is this Janga Fett guy? I thought it was the real Bobba Fett :( maybe his father or something.

But the trailer was awesome!! I can not wait! To be frank this seems even better than LotR in my eyes. I love the SW saga and was quite disapointed as many other by the phantom menace but this looks gooooooooood! :D

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Rumor Has It....Beware, Spoiler Coming....
    :alien:
    :borg:
    :grin:
    :spin:
    :roll:
    Boba Fett is actually a Cloneof Jango Fett...Meaning...Boba Fett IS Jango Fett!!!! Or vice versa!

15. C'Jakob Guest

I liked the Episode I, but I'm really not a big fan of Star Wars. But I just can't agree with a horrible name like Attack of Clones. I seriously thought that the commercial for the trailer of the movie was a spoof or something.

16. Palpatine Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

24 hours later, done drooling....now just need carbon freezing chamber for 2 months (screw the NCAA's, but go OSU!)

maybe some spoilers in this, my observations:
    First it is Jango Fett that Obi asks about the clones, he is Boba's 'father' and the seperatists use him as the template for their clone army.

Second any one else think Padme's white outfit is just a bit like Leia in ANH? and death to what ever evil monster would dare scratch her :)

Third, Anakin dual wielding is kick ass. Now I just wonder what happened to Obi-Wan that Anakin is weilding his saber (looks like Obi's to me on slo-mo replay)

Fourth re: Sand People/Tuskans, they will be involved in one critical part of the movie when they return to Tatooine. And they only hit two pods, and don't even damage Anakin's.

Fifth, Palpy doing his best Lincoln impression. And all those fool jedi falling for it. "You don't need guidance Anakin, I see you becoming the greatest of all Jedi" No wonder he's my hero.

Sixth, massive battles with jedi, clones and droids getting medieval on each other. And someone actually taught Padme how to fire a blaster w/o closing her eyes. Also, anyone catch a glimpse of a green jedi in any of the battle scenes? If you haven't watched it goto sw.com and watch part 10 of the making of video.

Finally, those of you who didn't like Phantom will appreciate it more after Attack cause of the contrast in the tone. And based on what I've read (not all the heavy spoilers but some) attack is the perfect title as this movie will have quite a frantic pace (perhaps too much?).

ohh and that is Jules not Shaft :)

Now time to go back to rewinding and playing. I think this tape will be worn out in a few days.

17. Bert Huggins Guest

[​IMG] Thank you, Thank you, Thank you I just watched the trailer and I cannot wipe the stupid smile off my face. That brought back for me at least some of the magic Episode I had killed.

18. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

well, the storyline and action look great. however, the cheesy script and ham acting was expected (but still disappointing)! :almostmad:

looking forward to blade II more! :p

19. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Damn that looks saaweet...:D:D

It looked so much better than the last one, but then again it is only a trailer, but as long as there are noe Jar Jar it can only be better

20. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I can't wait. Phantom menace was a big dissapointment for me but this one looks soooo much better :grin:

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited March 12, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.