1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beholder-related problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seleena, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Seleena Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay, this is my first post and the only time I have yet been stuck on this game, I have beaten the entire TDD series and had actually inported my main character back into a soa/tob game for a rematch with some of my more funb toys. never mind my retardedly high f/mu/t levels. Dragons are solo problems unless met in groups, anyways, I have a fair understanding of the clua console and think there must be a code to help me. My prob revolves around playing thru the underdark and suddenly I cannot get the beholder incident to begin with phaere and soulafein. I can get Soulafein to say he is in deep concentration or something like that, but I cannot get phaere to speak to me. I have completely reloaded my tob patch and still no luck, waited about six hours and rested twice, what is the cluaa ini for the phaere dialouge or the beholder figh, in the sw, relates to the matron mother dialouge later. If nobody knows, could someone tell me what folder to look into in order to find this?

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Similar problems posted a few days ago (not sure if ToB or SoA forum. Check to see if that helps.

Extremist is obviously the person who can help if it's a bug since he appears to have fixed most of the ones not fixed elsewhere. ;)

3. ArchAngel Guest

two weeks ago in a multiplayer session with 5 of my friends we experienced just that! We reloaded a previous savegame and played through it again. And voila. It worked.

We had ToB and the patch installed. So I hope you have a previous save :)

cluaconsole you say. The area codes are here; http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

Else just hang around for Extremist :D

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 05, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  4. Seleena Gems: 1/31

I hope extremist comes around soon, I am still royally stuck. No luck on my finding a prompt in the lua for releasing any dialouge with phaere and i dont have any recent saves, either i restart way back in my game or figure this out

5. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

try emailing him

6. Seleena Gems: 1/31

that is just too obvious for me to have even thought of, lol

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yep, summoned by your mail. I don't visit this forum because I don't have ToB installed and I won't have it installed till I finish with SoA SPfixpack. The problem why I can't make compatible fixes is that BGmain.exe that comes with ToB messed some things already "glanzed" in SoA's BGmain.exe.

But that problem you got is old as SoA and it happens in SoA too. It occurs when you speak to Phaere twice at the same spot before you find the Beholder what makes variables set on wrong state.
    The fix available on Baldurdash is not retroactive and won't fix your game if the bug already occured. I'm working on many fixes and I can't catch all bugs in no time, and currently I'm on some bugged items and not dialogs. That means I can't write the retroactive fix on your problem in no time just now. Another problem is that I don't know if the fix I write would be compatible with ToB, although some of those are, for example Underdark Exit hostile elves fix (tested and checked with ToB players).

Anyway, the solution should be resetting Phaere's dialog to previous state, and you'll get that if you issue this command in the console:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PhaereSpeakBehold","GLOBAL",0)

After you confirm that command with ENTER, talk to Phaere again and Beholder should respawn.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 06, 2002).]

8. Seleena Gems: 1/31

thank you for the assistance, the clua command worked like a champ. one dead beholder and on to their city for some wanton carnage, and likely some frequent reloads...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.