1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best weapons (or maybe other items)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Necrophex, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hi,
    I just got to chapter 2 and I'm not that all satisfied with my party, i'm thinking about starting over...
    I just don't wanna start all over again maybe around chapter 4 or so just because I can't use that GODLY item I just found for example...
    Could you guys give a list of the most Godly items you ever found...
    Just items that MUST be used, I can adjust my party a bit towards these items.
    Maybe this list is gonna be a spoilers, so be warned before reading the replies...

Thanks!

2. SCSI Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Most godly item?... That must be the cloke of mystra.

3. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

One "feature" of this game is that you can buy almost all of the best stuff in shops.
    So the best thing to have is a LOT of money.

What's the best thing you can buy?
    -Perhaps the Avarine Decanter.
    -The great armor that Oswald can make.
    -Quite a few good weapons.
    All this stuff can be used by anyone.

Stuff that only particular people can use:
    -Some nice bard-only gadgets are worth giving a level of bard to someone (I gave it to my rogue).
    -The monk has a couple of monk-only items to raise his attacks.
    -The Paladin has a holy avenger that's not that great unless you use the weimer mods.
    -Wizards and sorcerers have stuff but they're not that great.
    -Cleric's Every God Ring that gives +5 wisdom (no spell to do that, and you can buy it)

I probably forgot other stuff. But nothing is as important as having enough money.

Edit:
    I forgot that excellent armor you get towards the end of the game with +7 AC, no limit to dexterity and no penalties whatsoever. Counts as light armor too. That's a great item. Forgot its name.

[ December 17, 2002, 22:23: Message edited by: Quint ]

4. Necrophex Gems: 5/31

Thanks for your reply Quint!
    I now know that I don't have to adjust my party to items that much...I like it :)

Thanks again!

5. vf6alpha Gems: 1/31

Hmm, none of the stuff you get in normal mode is anywhere close to the quality stuff you get in Heart of Fury mode. Heart of <charname>, Cloak of Mystra, Brazen Brands, Holy Joke: Cera Sumat, Chain of Drakkas are nowhere near as eye opening as their HoF counterparts. (Tho the bands are quite nice and a quite a step up from the cera sumat: the crappiest item per battle you will ever see..) In terms of good class only items, I think the monk has some of the best, with a few bard instruments being very helpful in battles. The Every god ring isn't clerics only and it's one of the nicest rings along with one of the bands you get from the final bosses. There's some very nice great swords as well, and a great axe thats for evil characters only, that's got some eye opening stats. What's nice about iwd2 that's different from previous Black Isle games is the amount of high AC armor available even in normal mode. Its kinda nice to know that if you run a 6 paladin party, everyone will get some nice armor. :)

Ah, I almost forgot.. For wizards/sorcs there's the High Masters Robe in HoF which gives unbelievable buffs. I believe there's a Master's Robe that cooresponds to it in normal mode that's not too bad either.

[ December 18, 2002, 00:54: Message edited by: vf6alpha ]

6. Jorgon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you got a low dex fighter, i like the fiendish plate, although its usefullness is wearing off, the slayer knights go through it like a hot knife through butter. The chain of drakkas is nice. The every god ring, bastard sword of hot and cold or sumthin like it(plus 1d6 fire and plus 1d6 ice, every hit!) Beautiful. Doom bolter is awesome, so is my one long bow, its like +6/+6.

7. stupid ugly kickass monk Gems: 1/31

hmm

mithral plate is the most solid armour i have found:(
    chains of drakas for my rogue/ mage
    masters robe for soceress

brazen bands and any +4 bracers... too bad these dont go together

every god ring and those + 5 dex slippers

boots of speed + ring of freedom of movement
    little giant
    notice there aren't many good helmets in this game?

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] You guys don't think that the Cera Sumat (this is Swahili for "rotten banana") is worth it?! Shame on you! Why else would you play IWD2 except to have a Paladin who can wield the Holy Avenger Sword that is just so kick butt powerful...

Sorry guys, just a rant. It is so dissapointing to see that the "Holy Avenger" in normal mode (better but uselesser in HoF mode) is so hard to get and so crap. In BG2 Carsomyr, was hard to get, but not that hard, a great weapon that you would keep a crap character like Keldorn around to use and it was even upgradeable!

If ever you are going to make a Paladin just so you can get the "Rotten Banana" then the delete key is the best fix for your paladin. I was so dissapointed by it...

Personally the slayer knight weapon is just so much more useful. Fight fire with fire...

Must also have for a wizard, the +5 staff of cool poisining found on the Undead Orc Sorcerer guy in the Fields of slaughter. (I think that is right, but I am dumb...) Really cool and useful weapon for a wizard or sorcerer.

9. IaaA? Gems: 5/31

The +5 staff of cool poisoning is better used by my rogue in all his sneak attacks. They always get poisoned and it slows them incredibly for his get aways and then his returns to finish them off. Of course he has the +4 fighter so that the staff is maximized for him. It allows sneak attacks and he often does over 40 damage with the +5 slippers and the +4 strength choker, which he is allowed because of the fighter/rogue dual.
    IaaA

10. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Armor:
    Mithral Field Plate +2
    Chain of Drakkas
    Zuvembie

Robe:
    Robe of The Evil Archmagi for evil
    Master's Robe for good

Melee Weapon:
    'Cera Sumat' Holy Avenger
    Club of Disruption
    Greataxe of Might +5
    Massive Halberd of Hate for evil
    Brilliant Short Sword +5

Range Weapon:
    Arc of Gold
    Iron Arbalest
    Hell Bolter

Other:
    Brazen Bands
    Bracers of İcelandic Pearl
    Chimandrae's Slippers
    Every God Ring
    Tyrannar's Band

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.