1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Better Katanas? & Help with Sendai

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Pyroi, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Pyroi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My char is a level 23/4 swashbuckler elf with two Katana +3 swords. Anybody know how to find any better enchanded ones (or how to upgrade these ones)? :confused:
    Also im having a bit of difficulty with that drow boss who makes all those copies of herself if andybody knows how to deal with that. Ta

[ February 14, 2004, 21:59: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    First a swahbuckler 24/3? I fail to understand here.

As for the Katana I don't recall where you get peice but you can form Hindo's Doom which is IMO a +4 Katana I think you need his hand plus his blade, but I'm aint sure though.

As for the battle I seem to fail you again sorry.

Welcome into the Board! :wave:

3. Pyroi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry, by 23/4 i meant i couldn't remember wherer it was level 23 or 24, and thanks 4 the welcome! :)

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Aww, It's okay I reveived the same...I think at least...

Anyway as for your battle here are generic tips:

Buff like mad! Stoneskin, bless, Defensive harmony, Magic resistance, Chant, everything that could lower your THAC0/AC/Saving throws is a good idea

As I don't remember this battle I cannot be much of help.

5. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You can find Hindo's doom (+3) in Watcher's Keep. It can be upgraded by Cespenar to +4. It is a very good weapon, protects against all forms of Death Magic while equipped and can cast Greater Restoration once per day.

6. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I don't remember too much from the Sendai battle to be honest. I seem to remember I trapped quite a few of her appearances (I played swash too at that time :p )and just buffed and slashed my way through the rest of them.

7. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

All you have to do is leave a Planetar and Greater elemental (mage and Druid spell in that order, both top level) to take care of the drows that come through the door after you kill the statues, which they are more then capable of un aided, have one or two of your characters go around killing the Sendai's as they come to life, and when the proper sendai comes, make sure everyone else is at the middle of the sanctum where she appears and then go straight into Greater Whirl winds (GWW) and Improved haste, and pause before she can talk to you then just force attack her and she's gone within 1-2 seconds littraly.

8. Baronius

The battle against Sendai is not hard if you pay attention to all your characters. If you accidently forget e.g. checking their HP, don't be surprised if one of your characters will lie dead in a few seconds. The only thing which may be dangerous is Sendai's Harm spell. She uses this spell very effectively and with a surprisingly high hit chance, and after your character's HP is lowered to 1, she can kill him/her with one hit. Sendai might use another version of Harm perhaps (?), I haven't checked this.

9. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, the two best katanas found in SoA and ToB are, without a doubt, Hindo's Doom (+3 katana, upgradeable by Cespenar with the Hindo's Hand to +4). The katana alone can protect your character from bein affected by any form of magical death-prevents you from being affected by any form of Death Spells-and beefs up your character's strength to 22 for a certain amount of rounds once a day. It's found in Watcher's Keep, you have to kill a dragon to get it in the last level before Demogorgon.The Hindo's hand is in Abazigal's lair If you upgrade it, it will grant those benefits permanently. The other one is Celestial Fury, found at the Temple District in Athkathla, in the Guarded Compound. I haven't found or heard of any katanas better than these two. As for Sendai, you have two options: Setting snares, the more powerful the better, in front of each statue, or simply have a lot of improved haste spells at hand and every magical protection you can get and whack her before she calls in too many drow fighters.

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If you have the Item Upgrade mod it makes the Celestial Fury +5 with all its old powers.
    Nobetter Katanas out there.

11. Rubel Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have trouble giving up Dakkon's Zerth Blade and its extra spells and AC. I guess I'm sentimental, too, though I wonder how Dakkon lost it! I'll have to go get the others.

12. Winterine Gems: 6/31

I can't remember for sure, but what about Usuono's blade? (sp?) It's either a scimitar or a katana, but isn't that at least not half-bad? Otherwise I like the Celestial Fury and Hindo's doom. I don't know about Celestial Fury +5 because I don't have the upgrade mod.

Sendai I found easy, actually. I just fake-talked her at the start, and set up some high level summoned things (devas, greater elementals, mordenkainen's sword) and gotmy party buffed up. THen I just spoke to her and attacked, and summoned some more allies as needed. I hit pause a lot to fine-tune my tactics, and don't really use AI. Me and Sarevok usually make mincemeat out of her :D Hehehe!

13. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Try fighting her again without cheating and you might find her a bit more of a challenge.

14. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'd be curious to know how you fake talked her. She starts her dialogue as soon as you enter her chamber.

15. Winterine Gems: 6/31

@david w: Yeah, I have, and do. :) I only ever fake-talked her once, and disappointed at how anti-climatic it was. :( I still think she's not that bad. I have more problems with Demogorgon.

@Spelladonna: I hit pause as the screen's loaded.

16. Xindell Gems: 6/31

'Fake-talking' is exploiting an engine bug and akin to cheating. If you wanna cheat, just use CTRL-Y and do it the right way. :rolleyes:

17. Baronius

[​IMG] I cannot imagine how could cheating be fun in games like BGII?!

18. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Makes me laugh sometimes when you hear people saying "oh, I had no problems with such-and-such" and it turns out they had no problems because they cheated.

I suppose I could use Shadow Keeper to start my PC off at level 40 and wielding Crom Faeyr in one hand and the Flail of Ages +5 in the other, wearing Shurrupak's Plate, Boots of Speed, the Cloak of Mirroring and with 25 in all my stats. On top of that, I could anhililate every enemy I came across with CTRL Y because let's face it, if you're going to cheat you might as well do it the proper way. I bet I'd breeze through the game and not lose a single fight.

But where would be the challenge in doing that? Where would be the fun? The sense of satisfaction at having beat the game fair and square?

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Agreed.

If I wanted to cheat, then I'd just give my PC a weapon that does 10k damage per hit and makes him immune to everything.

How the heck did you fake-talk Sendai? You never fought the statues then, either.

When fighting Sendai, I usually concentrate on the drow that come into the room first. If you try to take on the statues, then the stupid low-level drow will pick away at your health or become too numerous to fight.

20. Xindell Gems: 6/31

The drow that pop in are never a problem for me. I just leave one or two of my meelee characters by the doorway there. Or maybe one and a summon or two and as soon as the drow pop in the just get hammered on. The rest of my party then focuses on the various statues.

As long as you keep an eye on your door guardian's health and make sure those constant drow don't get them down too far, you should be fine. Anytime I'm using Anomen, he is one who sits over there. He'll just heal himself real quick if necessary. And if one of my chars fighting Sendai's statues gets too hurt, they can disengage, run over to him and get healed real quick. Works like a charm. :D

And no cheating is necessary! *gasp* :eek:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.