1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Big D&D 3e mismatch

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Emperor, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Emperor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

<CLEAR>
    I am just buy the NWN, and was deeply dissapointed that game do not have some features.
    And sory for my not good english. I am from Belarus and do not talk english freely. So excuse me.

[ June 05, 2003, 23:53: Message edited by: Emperor ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Please go read the forum rules before you post again, because another post of this kind from you will just get deleted. It's illegible, excessively punctionalized and half in caps. This might be standard on some other other boards, but it certainly isn't on BoM.

I've only normalized the post headline, I expect you to edit the rest.

3. Emperor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm sorry for that...

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

What he said from the beginning is that he is mad over that the wirlwind-attacks aren't in ethier IWD2 or NWN. You forgot to add it on your edit emperor.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't really miss them myself. It's a bit too powerfull for my standards. I rather combine some feats and skills to make a powerfull character. Makes more sense to me since the character grows in his battleskills. Whirlwind was a bit 'too much at a time'. You people don't understand me, heh? Maybe I should put it this way: IMHO, Whirlwind is overpowered and I don't like that. :)

6. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't think that Whirlwind Attack is too powerful a feat. It has several prerequisites that ensures that it can't be achieved at a very early level. In 3.0 rules, it requires a Dex and Int of 13+, a BAB of 4+, plus the following feats: Expertise, Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack.

Now, a fighter could go this route and get the feat at level 4, but would have to delay Weapon Specialization until at least level 6. Unless it was a human fighter, there also would not have been time to get Cleave. He'd also have to be smarter than your average fighter.

A non-fighter would have even more trouble. Any other class would be required to wait until level 12 (9, if human) just to get enough feats to fulfill the requirements. That's while passing on any other feats at all.

Overall, I'd say that the amount of sacrifices that are made to aquire the feat make up for the times when it would be of use.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm, yes. You sure make a point and I have to agree. I probably was thinking of the Whirlwind Attack like in ToB.

But still I don't miss it. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.