1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Book Nine of WoT

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Has anyone read this yet? I picked it up last weekend but I'm only on book 5. I'm planning on re-reading books 1-5 come spring.

Syl...

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Only the first five books are available in Norwegian. :( Have read all of those. These series are just too great!

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's great, Syl.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Which one is that? I've lost track... I think the last one I read was "Path of Daggers". Or was it "Crown of Swords"? I can't remember which came before which... <shrug>

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm about 400 pages into it...It's looking like another set up book. There are so many characters and things to keep track of! I like the books, but you need to keep a list of where everyone is and what they're doing.

I want to re-read the last three just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything...

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually, there are a few things that get accomplished in this one. (Finally! and only at the very end.) But sometimes the foreshadowing is so obvious, it kills the suspense. Still a good read, though.

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I wish he'd speed it up a bit...I mean whatever happened to Moraine and Lanfear!?!?

They disappeared and everyone "thinks" they are dead...But I never got that impression. It's like 4-5 books later...and nothing!

Waiting 2+ years at a clip is getting a little annoying. The way it's going, the first book came out just before I got my first post undergrad job...the last one will probably come out after I retire.

Sorry - Just all this Wheel o' Time frustration pent up...I had to let it out!
    ;)

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

I know what you mean!

Just do what I did. Turn your back on it for a couple of years, miss a few books, then read the three latest ones all at once. If you reread the whole series, you might drag it out long enough to find the next one available. :)

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] That's how I got into it! The first 5 were already out...So I had plenty to keep me busy. I didn't even know this one was out until Syl posted it here a few weeks ago.

I guess I'll try your way on the next three books...Uggh!

:D

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] And another thing...Is it me, or does it seem like they were in a rush to get this book out? The editing department did a terrible job! There are so many typos and grammatical errors (OH MY GOD - as I type this I feel like an old english teacher!)I even noticed them!

Okay - I'm breathing again...I think my Friday morning rant is over... :D

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Take slow, deep breaths ... breathe in ... breathe out ... in ... out ...

Feel Better? lol I know exactly what you mean! I HATE being distracted from the story by something like a misspelled word or a careless typo. Then there was the entire LINE that was repeated! Who proofreads this stuff? Minsc? Then again, Boo would have kept him on task, so maybe not ... :D

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Now I'm ROTF! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed...Plus I think Jordan found sigil in the dictionary, and decided to use it to describe any type of emblem...

Breathe...

Actually, you just gave me an idea...I wonder who you would have to talk to about getting permission to write a book on the adventures (Misadventures?) of Minsc and Boo? See what happens when I start thinking this early in the morning? :D

13. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Too funny! I wouldn't know where to start, but it sounds like a great idea. Let's collaborate! LOL. Call it Adventures in Buttkicking! :D Or maybe A Hampster's Journey Through the Nether Regions.

OK ... maybe not that...

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Or "A bald tattooed boy and his Giant Miniature Space hampster" Okay, I think we both need coffee! :D

I liked yours better though!

15. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Dynaheir still has to be around though.
    But the early adventures of Minsc and Boo before they met the protanganist of BG would make a good read. I think it'll mostly be Minsc, Boo and Dynaheir running around doing good deeds while Minsc continuosly embarrasses the party. A run-in and cliffhnager confrontation with Edwin would be a nice touch. Or maybe Boo really IS a space hamster...now that would make one hell of a plot twist.
    'BUTT KICKING! FOR GOODNESS!!'

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay - It looks like we could have a very nice collaborative work going on here! We can also figure out which knock on the head was the one that did him in!

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] It seems to me that Minsc must have been one heck of a warrior to be chosen by Dynaheir. In BG2, he keeps talking about his beautiful home country, and how he had shamed himself by letting Dynaheir bite it. I wonder why they ever left that "Beautiful Land."

Anyway, the way you're describing Minsc kinda makes him sound like Perrin Aybara...embarrassment, clumsiness, and he can talk to animals. Whoa! Talk about a circle of events! Maybe Minsc IS Perrin! Faile gave him a wack on the head, and Dynaheir is really Berelain!

Nah, not likely. ;)

18. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

For anyone who is interested in a recent inteview Robert Jordon said that there would be another three novels to go before the story is finished, but consider that when he started the books he envisaged the whole thing lasting only three books I think we should take that with a pinch of salt.

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I am not very familiar with this, wheel of time!
    If you could just answer a couple of questions please?

I saw book nine of the wheel of time in a book shop and they said it was a best seller so i thought how many wheel off time books are there?

What is the basic plot?
    Is it an intesting Story?
    Is it worth getting?

[This message has been edited by Gormenghast (edited July 27, 2001).]

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.