1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Books Suck!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Boo the great, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Boo the great Banned

I hate to read a book, when I can I love to go to here.
    This is really a swell site.
    When I do read books?
    When it must for school!!

[ April 25, 2003, 20:48: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

We have a saying back here: "Better to keep quiet and let people think you're and idiot, than to speak up and confirm it for them."

Think about it...

4. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Don't hate your best friends man :hippy:

5. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

How about explaining what's wrong with books?

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LoL!
    Dude, books are good, especially grammar ones, those books teach you not to say "books sucks".
    Anyway what other comment about books can be expected from a man who say "books sucks".
    Seriously read some books man.

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Boo has been spending waaaaaaaay too much time with Minsc!!

My ears hurt just reading that!

Bibliophiles Unite!!

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can tell from the title of this thread, that you not only have a problem with reading, but one also with writing. ;) :p

Seriously, now, what's wrong with books?

9. Tonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Your comment just made me soo frustrated..this is booktalk. Why would you come on a book message board and say they suck. Whoa man got some problems there.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    OH HEAVEN NO!

if your in this forum then you must (obviously) like D&D based-game right? because those game are based in D&D rule set (duh!) and guess what? THEY ARE BOOK!

11. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

How can you say books suck? They are awesome.

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Reading books can help people improve their grammar :nono: :angel:

13. Boo the great Banned

[​IMG] Sometimes I read a book, but that is not very often.
    But I must admit that some books are good, but not all the books. :flaming: :book: :bang:

14. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Boo...you are a ... nevermind. :mad:

Read a bit and maybe you'll improve on your grammar, if not your spelling and sentence construction.

:rolleyes:

15. Boo the great Banned

Ok ok, but this is (for me) a place where I can learn better english.
    So I must admit my english is a bit bad.
    Sorry. :book:

16. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ofcourse it's bad. BTW, books are knowledge. Unless they're stupid romance novels. Ditch those. Books rock and any person with brains(excluding teenage boys, who don't even have brains) will tell you so. DUUUUUUH.

*stalks off, dragging Neo with her*

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Is there any real reason why you think that books suck?

18. Boo the great Banned

[​IMG] Not any book is a really GOOD book, so often I think of a book it suck!

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Maybe you should read a real book instead of comic books you obviously read now.

Sorry couldn't resist, it's just you can't say that all books suck.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I teach High school, and the bottom line is this -- those who don't like to read tend to do poorly in ALL subjects, have poor social skills, and they tend to end up in the lowest paying jobs. There are exceptions, but they are few and far between. There's about a billion books out there, Boo, if you try you'll find a type that you like.

Now, speaking of Boo, is there no one from the Netherlands who can help this guy? He's obviously confused, is trying out a new language (which is more than a lot of native English speakers can say), and, well, he needs help that only someone who speaks his language can give him. I'd do it myself, but to my shame, I don't even know what language they speak in the Netherlands, let alone being able to speak it!

I remember when I was a newbie here (in fact, some would say that I still am one) and I asked a lot of stupid questions. I still do, as I'm not anywhere near the hacking genius some of you are. I guess my sympathy button has been pushed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.