1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bush and Iraq

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Alloas From Hawai, May 13, 2003.

1. Alloas From Hawai Banned

Is Iraq getter better with the American on top, or must they get Sadam back on the top??
    If he's alive. :hmm:

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Neither. None of them will do or has done anything for the countries own gain. They would be better to let the UN in and let them completly take charge. USA are just doing it for the oil and suddam well hes just as power hungry as the USA.

3. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

In my country there is a saying from two evils the less evil is adviceable. But in this case there is a third choice much more preferable the UN total control of the country.
    Because UN is not a nation is not considered about profit and last but not least is much more trained and capable of dealing the situation of Iraq this time :cool:

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

@Mithrantir
    Your completly right :thumb: . You said exactly what i was tring to say but in a better way aye.

5. Alloas From Hawai Banned

I think when we're going to rule Iraq, whe're doing better than Bush and Sadam together. :evil:

6. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

What a silly question. Why put Saddam back after going through all the trouble of removing him? Let the US handle it. If it ends up well they get the credit. If it ends up wrong, they take the crap. Having somebody else will muddle the issue. They made their bed. Now they have to lie in it.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You said: i think we will do better than Bush and Saddam together. Now, first of all.... that's one of weirdest things i've ever heard.

And secondly.... who the hell are "we" ?

8. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I think that Alloas is a reincarnation of Boo the Great. Therefore he means "The Netherlands" with "we", I guess. But I hope the dutch aren't planning to go into Iraq.

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You're right about that. Alcohol is not allowed in muslim countries. :D

10. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Pac man. You don't know much about muslim countries if you believe that.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Well, all i know, is that according to the Koran, alcohol is bad, just like porkmeat. A real muslim would never drink alcohol.

Instead they drink beverages like malt. Believe me, i know. I've worked 9 years for Heineken, and there IS normal lager going to the middle east, but that's mainly for tourisme.

Of course there are plenty of Arabs drinking beer as well, but if they do, then they're not really muslims, are they ?

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I won't make a judgement on their being muslims or not, but not all muslims are arabs and not all arabs are muslims.

Probably the only majority muslim country that actually has made it illegal to sell alcohol would be Saudi Arabia. That is not mcuh. And no doubt alcohol is still available there.

13. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Religion and alcohol.

Not only parts of muslims say, that alcohol is forbidden, a lot of protestants have the same belief. And a lot of protestants still see it as virtue, to stay abstinent. A mostly protestant dominated country even prohibited Alcohol some time ago.

Muslim countries with this rule in force, I guess aren't the majority. I guess it is Saudi-Arabia, Iran and Jemen. (But not sure of that).

Of, course, if anyone would take away my right to drink beer, I'd say no, no, no. Dam, Heineken has bought nearly all breweries in my country. The Dutch are evil beer monopolists. :shake:

To Saudi-Arabia. I think the Alcohol-prohibition (but I am not sure of that) came into force, as the family Saud took over power in Saudi-Arabia. But it is a big fat lie. Saudi-Arabians are all over the Mediterranian, Europe and the USA, getting drunk, wasting their oil-millions with drinking champagne. Or just jump on a Yacht, get out of the 3-miles-zone and get drunk, drunk, drunk. On the same time, poor Saudi's (and there are a lot of them), can't afford to leave the country and they get into a lot of trouble for drinking Alcohol. Alcohol is one of those big lies inside of Saudi-Arabia, which cause a lot of anger and trouble. Because every Saudi with eyes knows, that it is just a huge hypocrisy.

I saw recently a tv-report about Saudia-Arabia. 60% of the population are under 20. And Discos, Alcohol are frobidden. That's a powder-keg.

[ May 15, 2003, 13:59: Message edited by: Yago ]

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Just because a religion says to do (or not do) something doesn't mean that all practicioners follow the "rules." How many divorced Catholics who use birth control do you know? Does every Jew you know keep kosher? etc., etc., etc....

15. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think we're getting way off topic here. Start a new topic if you wish to discuss something else.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.