1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't fix the Broken Bridge

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by sweetleaf615, Feb 18, 2003.

1. sweetleaf615 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I am at a broken bridge just past where I destoyed the dam supports and I know Im supposed to be able to fix the bridge w/ the lumbar I have-but I can't...I have been told that moving the curser over the bridge will make it appear blue-like a treasure- and then Ill be able to fix it...I get NOTHING! No blue thing, no option to "talk" to the bridge like Ive been told, NOTHING!!! I don;t know what to do...Ive been stuck here for 2 DAYS!!IM GOING CRAZY!!! Anyone know whats going on or how to fix it?
    Thanks!
    RyanAnn

[ February 19, 2003, 19:08: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Welcome to the boards.
    Remember - live long and prosper, read the rules and FAQ :thumb:
    (sigs not allowed btw ;) )

I believe that you approach the bridge and you get th ebox with text in then if you press alt and have destroyed all the beams you can see where to put the wood. :)

Hope that helps

3. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

you miss one...i think its located in upper right corner....(the entrance,and the middle)

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If I am correct, Sweetleaf managed to get the lumber. The thing is that there seems to be no opportunity to fix the bridge, since there is no blue box when moving the cursor over the bridge. (you should get a pick-up-item cursor, and you don't, right?)As long as it isnt there, there seems to be no way to fix the bridge.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You can actually repair the bridge? And here I was, always hurrying to get to it before the ogres crush it. ;)

[ February 19, 2003, 17:56: Message edited by: Faragon ]

6. bluey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am not clear on what the problem is exactly - is it that the poster didn't get the wood or isn't getting an interactive bridge section?

I think (though I am not sure) that you might have make sure you destroy both dam supports *before* you "look" at the third one, which both destroys it and gives you the wood.

I say this because my first time through this area, I "looked" at the third one without taking out the second support, and while I got XP for weakening the dam, I did *not* get the wood - ergo I could not fix the bridge. Perhaps this was just a bug for me.

After looking ALL over that map for the wood, I had no choice but to redo it - fortunately, the game had done a save right before I "looked" at the third, so I took out the second support first, then the third, and got the wood.

The way to check for interaction with the bridge is to see if it lights up when you press "alt" - if it does, and nothing happens when you go to "look" at it, you just don't have the wood - and will probably have to redo it.

And if it's not lighting up at all...I am thinking you will have to redo it as well.

PS. You cannot fix the big bridge - you can just either save it or lose it. You get extra XP for saving it, but thats hard to do.

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

no no no no no

The bridge that the game requires the player to save is Shaegarne Bridge.

The bridge that the topic starter, sweetleaf615, metioned is a nameless bridge at the end of the dam area.

With that cleared, unless someone who knows how to play with the program and point you to a less troublesome solution for this, my suggestion would be restart the area, or chaper.

Before you do so, are you 100% sure that what need to be done is done? The broken bridge is in the slight northwest of the map. You destroy the west most dam support, take the wood to the bridge, click on the empty part of the bridge and you would be able to put use the support as a new bridge.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Oh, that bridge. :doh: With all the broken bridges I've come across in this game, it's become hard to keep them apart ;) (Shaerngarne Bridge, bridge in question, bridges near monestary :) )

If all fails, you should be able to use the cheatconsole to teleport your party to the other side of the bridge, and continue from there.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This seems to me to be the main problem.

Sweetleaf, a few questions:
    -Does the mousecursor change into the hand picking up a small item (pick up cursor)when you move it over the missing part of the bridge?
    -Did you manage to get the lumber anyway?
    -When you arrived at the bridge, did you get a small textbox saying that, by the looks of it, the bridge was recently destroyed and that you might be able to fix it with enough lumber?

One more thing:
    You don't need to carry the wood with you to see the blue box. But you need the lumber to fix it, of course. Or, like Faragon said, you could use the the cheat console...
    Look at Tips Trick and Hints on SP's IWD2-section.

[ February 19, 2003, 19:41: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  10. sweetleaf615 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I DO NOT get the mousecurser changing into the hand picking something up...I never got the message about needing to fix the bridge....But I DID get the lumbar already...I bashed 2 supports...One by the entrance, and the other was by the bridge (it had 2 beams right next to eachother)....Is there another support?

11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    There is one beam at the entrance of the field and one somewhere in the middle. When you molested them, you can simply click on the third one, where the orcs are standing on the dam, at the most left (western) side of the field. This third one will appear blue (just like the bridge should...) Click and you carry the lumbar already. (But you seem to already have done that)

I assume there is something wrong with your game or installation. Try to backup your savegames on CD/Disk, install game again and see if that helps.
    You can still try the cheat-console, though (and add 750 xp for repairing the bridge and brake the dam ;) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.