1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cernd, Jaheira or Anomen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Mightymite89, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Mightymite89 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Who is better?(beaten the game 4 times, 1 for each but 2 for Cernd)

2. Death.Is.Gazing Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I liked a Cernd too, but Jaheira is more worth it, she is an excellent priest or cleric or whatever, i still like her better.
    Anomen is good but he really ruins the game with all the i'm from some holy righteousness
    AND you have too play good with him, so no stealing, no killing innocents...

3. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Anomen powers up so much earlier than the other, it's hard not to take him, (if you can stand him). By time you get Imoen back, he should be close to maxxed out at level 20.
    That leaves him with about 50 spell slots, including 5 level 6s and 2 level 7s. He'll also have a bunch more hit points than any of the others, around 100. A level 20 'undead', holy smite or any other level-based-damage-spell will leave a serious mark in the baddies heads.
    Give him a few 'call on holy might's to boost his strength in the early game, and he can be a damn good tank with grand mastery in mace.
    pretty good numbers.

Jaheira, because she's multi/dual/whatever levels up realll slow. It's hard to see where she'd be by time the going gets rough, (after chapter 6) but I'd bet no more than a level 13-14 fighter and a 14-15 Druid. As a level 15 she gets 31 spell slots. She may have as many (or as few) as 65 hit points or so.

I've never played with Cerned (so to speak), but someone else will write about his pros and cons.

Between the two I talked about, I'd take anomen with a mace and Everhard, give him a gaunlet when you get one, and then you'll have a hard time trying to figure out weather to melee him, or keep him back casting spells. One thing for sure, if he's you're healer/defender, he'll mosdt likely be around at the end of the day to help the others.

[This message has been edited by toast (edited January 31, 2001).]

4. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

well i like all 3 of them to be honest

have em all in your party and you have a wonderful Priest Force.

:D

5. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I agree alone they arnt that powerful but together all those are pretty good of a team, 1-2 attackers( wareworf and a bear)
    then u got spells like healing and stuff, persionally i use 3 mages (nalia, Imoen, Aerie) then Jahiera as a back up attacker, with minsc and my undead hunter on the front lines. ive killed alot of enemies that way.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Take Viconia.

7. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

what does everyone see in Viconia?

Cernd has as many spells as her... and Anomen is a much more powerful fighter when he goes up a few levels and gets his knighthood.

and Cernd has his wonderful Werewolf form... which if used correctly is wikked. I don't know why everyone takes the piss outta him!

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I like Jahiera just to mix up her Druid spells and Ariee's cleric spells. I like Jahiera the best, but only with the Water's Edge. A really good backup fighter with the right equipment. But if I didn't have another cleric character, I might take Anomen instead.

9. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I positively agree with you on that, Crawl.
    Jareira and Aerie.
    Jaheira + Girdle of Strengh + Fortress Shield = kick ass

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't take Viconia for her stats...I just enjoy having her in my party. She's much more interesting and fun than Jaheira, Cernd (maybe I just don't like druids?) As for Anomen, I've never had him in my party...

Plus, Viconia is a hottie! :D

11. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Now Sir Bel, is that the paladins way to talk/think about women ??? :D
    You have just lost 2 rep points!!
    Go into meditation for two weeks immediatly!!! :cool:

12. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm a paladin...Not dead. (or undead - yes, the bad jokes just keep pouring in!)

Plus, I meant hottie in the purest, most honorable sense of the word. :D ;)

13. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I agree with you Bel that Viconia has quite a lot of character, but Jaheira isn't bad at all either. She is the most mature female character in the game, and that's what I like in women.

Next time though, when I'll play an evil party, I will definitely have Viconia and Korgan instead of Minsc and Jaheira. :D

14. [​IMG] An ignorant first-timer finds Jaheira very helpful. Second line fighter, can be equipped, plus the animal summoning, forest creature summoning, and insect plague spells form a significant part of my tactics if I'm facing a powerful mage who is stupid enough to disintergrate panthers instead of Anomen.

Of course, I've had only one truly major battle (Elemental Lich), so again, I am newbie deluxe.

bgp

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.