1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chamber Key in Windspear Hills?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sylvus Moonbow, Nov 26, 2000.

1. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

What's this used for? Obviously nothing within Windspear Hills because I've had a few readers send me e-mail saying I missed it in the solution.

I haven't gone back for it yet but was wondering what this key is used for?

Syl...

2. beldax Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi There

Its is used for a hidden door in the sewers in the Temple District.

Cheers
    Glynne

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

There are two keys you need for the Sewers under the Temple District? I know it's the Sewage Key that is needed to open the locked, secret door beneath there.

You're saying the Chamber Key is used for another door within this secret area? Please confirm.

My bad. The "correct" name of this key found in Windspear Hills is the "Chapel" Key, not the Chamber Key as I had mentioned. I'd still like to know WTF this key is used for.

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited November 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited November 26, 2000).]

4. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] The chapel key should be the one for the graveyard chapel in Trademeet.

Don't remember exactly what the quest was..it was quite short, tho. :)

:D

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

No. That key is given to you by either one of the waring Noble Families. Either Lady Lilith Lurraxol or Lord Suarmaen Alibakkar will give you the key to the building in the Trademeet Graveyard.

Syl...

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If it wasn't something in Windspear then I don't know what it might be for. I dumped the Chapel Key into my stash of stuff in my cabin after Windspear, and never ran across a door or anything that I couldn't open...

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That was one easy XP and rep gaining quest.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Arg. No one knows? I suppose I will leave it behind until I come across something I cannot open.

Syl...

9. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Oh, THAT chapel key <grin>. Windspear...Red Dragon lair...Now I do remember a chapel key found in one of the bottom (south) rooms, I think. I think it was to unlock doors (northern?) to go further into the temple area, where you started to find the mask pieces. If you happened to go the direction to get the key before you went the way of the locked doors, you would probable never know it was even used.

Hope that was it, if not...'turn over all the cards, Alex, you stumped the panel!'

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

I cleared out the maze without the Chapel Key in my inventory and was able to gain entry to all parts of the maze, so that couldn't be it either! :)

Syl...

11. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I asked this one a few weeks back, no-one came up with a plausible answer so I've been carrying the thing round in the bag of holding - just in case.

12. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Ah. The ever so elusive Chapel Key.

I would hope that somewhere down the road I do come across a need for this key and return to Windspear Hills to attain it. So far though, out of all the places I have been to, no door has been found that I could not pass.

Syl...

13. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Could this be the key to free Garren's son or is it the key needed to unlock all the Genie's with the mask pieces ?
    Not really 100% sure Syl but I think these were the only other keys I got in this area.
    ( Sewer Key is called Sewer Key thankfully )

14. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

No. The key to free Garren's child is on the guy you meet in Firkragg's Lair and he meets you up on the second level when you come back.

I found the answer though on another message board. Seems like the elusive Chapel Key was used to gain entry to the hallway just before the maze, BUT a supposed glitch in the game allowed you to cast knock or pick the door open, making the Chapel Key useless.

Syl...

15. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

Yayyy!! I won! I won! Welll...sort of. Pretty close, I guess...<g>

Now, what was the prize again?? :)

16. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

You get to be spanked by Blackthorne TA and his rubber gloves!

Syl...

17. Mobeus Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] OOOooooohh!!! AAaaaahhhh!!!

er..does he get to wear a mask? :)

or just a black leather cape? :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.