1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

changing alignments

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I need some help here. While I have played through ToB countless times, I have never - and I stress NEVER had anyone switch alignments. My understanding is that both Sarevok and Viconia can switch from evil to neutral, but I haven't seen it. What do you have to do? Is a romance (with Viconia) necessary?

2. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Changing Vic's alignment requires the romance to be active but I didn't know about Sarevok.

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Actually, Sarevok can change to Chaotic Good. To do so, when he offers to join with you in the biginning of TOB, accept, but DON'T make him swear an oath to serve you. After that, just say good things in his dialogues, and he should eventually make the change. As for Viconia, :love: yes, you do need to have a romance with her. When she offers to sleep with you again, say no nicely, (you know, let's wait, etc..) And she should also make the change to TN.

Personally, I just wish that she could change to good also. Not only is she my favorite romance, she's also one of my favorite RPG characters ever, along with Goris the Scholar and Jaheira.

4. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I thought that the Viconia alignment switch occurred after the fall of Saradush when she asks you something along the lines of whether you revel in the slaughter. If you say no, she says hmm and thinks about it.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Chris is correct. The Yaga Shura battle has to be over, and when she asks you what you think of it, say that it's terrible.

The next romance dialog will be her asking you if you want her to change. If you say yes, she'll become true neutral.

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Sarevok can only be changed to a neutral alignment, not good. It occurs in a random banter, though, so you don't always see it.

With Ascension installed, the banter to change Sarevok is a timed event and always occurs.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sorry CamDawg you're wrong. He only changes to Chaotic Neutral if you make him swear an oath. However if you don't make him swear an oath and convince him that power isn't everything he will become Chaotic Good. I only made him swear an oath when I was neutral or evil anyway.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    OK, that brings up two more questions. I know the part about Sarevok not swearing an oath. Then, people say chose the "good" dialogs. I take it the choices here are obvious? There's no doubt which choice is the "good" choice?

With Viconia, you say wait until she asks to sleep with you again. I never took Viconia romance through ToB. So, do you mean the 2nd time she asks in SoA, or do you mean she offers again in ToB?

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't think that the 'sleeping with her' timing is correct:

I think between the master wraith scene and the end of Yaga-Shura, you have to have at least one lovetalk. After the Yaga-Shura battle, she'll comment on its carnage...if you say it's terrible, or something similar, she'll ask if you want her to change. Say yes and she'll end up neutral.

That's based on Simpson's FAQ, since I haven't played it all the way through with Viccy.

With regards to Sarevok, it's fairly obvious: he'll ask about ruling with an iron fist, say it doesn't interest you, etc. I managed it the first time I tried to get all his dialogues without much trouble.

10. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] The last time I played Baldur's Gate, I added Sarevok with the hopes of changing his alignment. I didn't make him take the oath and he NEVER changed alignments. Is there a trick here?

11. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Yep, sorry, Sarevok goes to Chaotic Good.

Like I said, the dialogue to change Sarevok is randomly triggered in ToB, so you may not get the opportunity. With the Ascension mod installed, the banter to change his alignment always occurs, so you can always change his alignment.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Trick is to always tell him he's his own person, don't ever threaten to kill him because he's evil when this is all over (not a very 'good' thing to say, that's more of a 'lawful' thing).

SPOILER
    Always make him feel he's in control of his own destiny and that it's his choice how to live it, then when he suggests to you that you should join forces after this whole Bhall business is over, sibling and brother together, to introduce a time of chaos tell him you're not interested. He'll ask why and you have to tell him that power isn't everything, what's the point if you can't do good with power?

Eventually another party-banter will come up and he'll tell you he's made a decision to change his ways, this is when he changes his alignment. He'll say something about striving for atonement.

13. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31

Who does Sarevok banter with? Jaheira? Minsc?

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Ah sorry. When I say banter I mean he'll initiate a dialogue with you. However he will banter with everyone, however none will contribute to his alignment change, it all depends on you.

15. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Do these alignment changes actually change anything but the alingment. Are there any bonuses of having a True Nuetral Viconia, and a Choatic Good Sarevok? And seondly does the banter between NPC's change when they change their alignment?

16. Cryonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I remember i had Viconia use an evil-only weapon, so i had to look for another fitting weapon for her. Something similar is possible for Sarevok of course. In short, it will have an influence on the item restrictions for those NPC's.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Viccy has different endgame dialogues depending on her alignment (when you're choosing to be a god).

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's kind of odd when you have to reject Viconia at the *second* time to make her change alingment. :hmm: Never done that, but then I alway use SK to make her chaotic good. :p

19. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    LoL, somehow, I can't think of Viconia's manners and dialogues giving semblance to someone chaotic good.

20. Elemental DarkLord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Haven't tried changing Viconia's alignment because i always accept her offer of 'a night with her' .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.