1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Character interaction

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Arkayan, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Arkayan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

BG2 has some great character interaction,

But I experienced some great interation in one of the many games i have played.

I had just started and had Xzar and Montaron along with me, I had just collected Jaheira and Khalid and was in the grounds of the Friendly arm in when they started an arguement, resulting in the slaying of Jaheria and Khalid, This has only happened once although i have never had Xzar and Montaron in my party for long if i bother at all.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this or something like it with any other characters.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Montoron and Xzar killed Khalid and Jaheira??? Are you even serious? I've had both of them in my party multiple times, and I've never had that happen. Are you quite sure it was just a random interaction? I never heard of such a thing.

3. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

It's happened to me before. However, Khalid's weapon had broken, so he could only knock Xzar unconscious. This forced me to reload, as the characters can't be controlled until one pair is dead.

4. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Khalid and Jaheira are Harpers, while Xzar and Montaron are Zhents. The two groups are rivals and this eventually leads to them coming to blows.

5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah I've had this happen to me before, and like you, it happened at the Friendly Arm Inn, except that for me, Khalid single-handedly killed both Xzar and Montaron... :rolleyes:

If you try to have Edwin and Dynaheir (and Minsc) in your company, you can essentially choose to let them fight it out by selecting a certain dialogue option. Unfortunately for Edwin, if Minsc's in your party, he'll join Dynaheir...

Those are the only two I know of, but I've heard rumours of more...which I'd like to explore some time...

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I think it's got to do with your reputation. If you have done too many good deeds, an argument will start with Monaron and Xzar on one side and Khalid and Jaheira on the other. I sort of remember a part of Monty's dialog about "being almost as insufrible as the Harpers" or so, that provoked the fight.

7. Arkayan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry I must have been asleep whilst posting, Jahiera and Khalid Killed Xzar and Motaron,

Whould have been a bit annoyed if Jaheria and Khalid got bumped off.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.