1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

character switching weapon when not told to

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Tom Violence, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Tom Violence Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My PC fighter, while in combat, will suddenly switch to whatever weapon he has in his next weapon slot. I don't initiate the switch; it just happens. He marches in with a long sword, all of a sudden he's swinging a morning star. I haven't experienced this with the NPCs in my party.

I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere so I was wondering if anyone else experienced this/knows a fix. The only "fix" I found was to not equip any other weapons in the slots, which kinda sucks.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Go have a look at what script is set for that character (you can change scripts from the Character Recors screen, IIRC). If you set the active script to "none" then this shouldn't happen. Alternatively you could turn off AI control entirely (from the main game window), but that will turn off scripts for all the NPCs as well.

3. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tom, I think you've probably got some sort of custom script applied to your PC. The easiest fix for this would be to just apply the generic script (you don't actually need to do anything as drastic as selecting "none").

4. Tom Violence Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You guys were right. I did change the character script at one point, so I went back to the default one and I have no more issues. Should've realized that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.