1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheat-mode

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Devildance, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Devildance Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Can anybody out there tell me why the cheats are not working and everything I get is a message like "Nice try cheater"? :confused:

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Because you don't type correctly.

3. Vehje Gems: 1/31

What are those cheats anyway, if i dont soon find that mandrake root it would be nice to create it with cheat.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Because they made it much harder to cheat in this game?

Which I applaud. That, and the fact they actually put in that message :)

5. Eric Longknife Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] someone please help....! I tried everything to get that mandrake root, all to no avail. As a last resort I tried to create item in the cheat mode. All I get is the "Nice try cheater" message. I re-typed the request several times all with the same effect. The game will not allow me to get past the eye, which I can't do without the Histachi brew, which I can't even make till I get the stupid plant!! How can I get the cheat mode to work, or get past this place without having to start over?? Thanks for any constructive comments.

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

first you have to activate cheat mode via iwd2 configuration.
    start menu --> black isle --> iwd2 --> iwd2 configuration.
    under game menu, look for 'enable cheat console' and tick it.

then in game, select a character, press crtl+tab to draw up the console and type in exactly,
    ctrlaltdelete:createitem("61genmm")

you should get it.

[ November 17, 2002, 09:51: Message edited by: teekc ]

7. Eric Longknife Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I tried what Teekc said and still cannot get anything in the cheat mode to work! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks anywasy Teekc.

Eric

8. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

IWD1 did this as well. I never did fnd out how to use cheats (even after I patched it).

[EDIT - This is off-topic and off-forum post as using IWD1 console is totally different than in IWD2. I won't remove it, but don't do it again please.] - Ex

[ November 17, 2002, 14:29: Message edited by: Extremist ]

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This works in unpatched and patched and whatever game. There is NO WAY this doesn't work.

You've probably typing things wrong.
    When you load the saved game, do this:
    - press CTRL+TAB and console window will open
    - press ALT+TAB to switch the window from IWD2 to this thread
    - use mouse to select this command - WHOLE!:
    ctrlaltdelete:CreateItem("61GENMM")
    - press CTRL+C to copy it to clipboard
    - press ALT+TAB to switch back to IWD2
    - click the left button on the mouse IN THE CONSOLE window
    - press CTRL+V to paste the command inside the console
    - press ENTER
    - press CTRL+TAB to close the console window

If it's still not working, my shrink will probably get busy with me today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.