1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheating on SP ... What Other Forums Do You Troll?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'm assuming we aren't all monogamous ... posting only on this forum.

Sorcerer's Place was my first, and is still my most frequently visited board. While it will always have a place in my heart, my interests have taken me to some other forums. Mostly forums with Christian or Pastor content.

What other forums do you all frequent? Not sure if Tal wants us to post links to other sites ... but I'm curious what subject matters and site names other than SP have caught your attention.

:good:

With Tal's permission ... see below ... here are the links to my favorite sites and forums.

Thrid Millenium
    This page was started by one of my professors from seminary, and the boards are moderated by a former SP-er! If you have any questions on higher-thought & Christianity, search this site!

Desiring God
    John Piper is one of my favorite authors, and this site links to his works and to similar-minded pieces of scholarship. The forum inspired by this page is located at http://dgmforum.hardlight.co.uk/

Christianity Today
    This magazine has been a bedrock of information for years. Great stuff!

Ransomed Hearts
    This is another one of my favorite authors. The boards here are for memebers only (sorry) ... you have to go to a retreat. The content is pretty personal ... issues with your dad, wife, self ... that's why its not open to the public.

Last but not least is Discover God
    This site/forum was just launched a week ago. There is a great database here for any question God-related.

Can you see that I kinda have a one-track mind? I'm either defeating the darkness with my cleric/paladin self on SP, or I'm learning and working on how to better defeat the Enemy in RL! :good:

Enjoy .. and please tell me what you think ... e-mail, PM or just reply below.
    :holy:

[ February 04, 2003, 16:40: Message edited by: Mathetais ]

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are actually 2 sites I visit: My mail-account :D and SP ;) That's all.
    I only post on the Boards o'Magick. :good:
    I gave a link at some thread for Middle-Earth matters, nothing special! I promise! ;)

I'm interested in these Christian/Pastor-things you told us about, though. Could you PM me the URL?

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    samixzone and some philosophysites, sorry Tal, I cheated on you :shame:

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I've posted at the Lurkerlounge (Diablo oriented site) for a long time, but as the community their died down a bit, so did my posting there.

I also post at the PvP Forum, as well as a messageboard set up by a couple of friends. (local, none of your interest)

Edit: It's not so much that I'm cheating on SP, I just like spreading the Faragon-love. And that sounds afwully wrong :grin:

[ February 04, 2003, 11:10: Message edited by: Faragon ]

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Nuhn ... sent.

Tal ... give me your blessing to post some links and I will. I just don't want to blatently help the competition ;)

6. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] SP is my first frequently visited message board.

SW boards incur my wrath from time to time.

That's it for now. But hey Mat, send me some of those links. I'm interested.

7. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

SP's the only site like this I visit, I swear! Of course, it's one of 2 sites I ever visit regularly...the other being Homtmail...
    PS-Sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but you wouldn't mind sending me some of those URL's too, would you? Please?

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    SP is the only game related board I use. I do also post on the My Little Pony Trading Post boards, and at Tom's Place, which is a fishkeeping message baord. Not exactly what you'd call SP competition... :D

[ February 04, 2003, 00:40: Message edited by: Stefanina ]

9. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm interested as well Mat!

10. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

This is the "board" that I post on, although I am a member of a few "ListServs."

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm monogamous, posting only on this forum.

I have an account on yahoo for email and playing games, but that's it.

12. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I must admit I ogle at the 3rdedition.org Boards. :(

13. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was previously somewhat unfaithful with Mature Gamer, Slappy's site for us old farts in the gaming world. But there hasn't been much action there in awhile so this is the only gaming site for me now.

The main board I post on is called "Canning and Preserving the Harvest". It's no competition for SP- it's a site for survivalist-type housewives like me. :) Today I learned about a recipe for squirrel and dumplings! ("First, load your shotgun..." No, I'm kidding.) But usually it's not that avant-garde, just women talking about our experiences making pickles and that sort of thing. I also post from time to time on the AllExperts expert board (I'm an AE "expert" in the Home Cooking, British Cooking and French Cooking categories).

14. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

www.gamefaqs.com
    obviously. this is where i've gotten D.Simpson's Baldur's Gate series faqs which in turn lead me to Sorcerers.net. Sometime when i came across people asking technical problems, i will direct them to here.

www.thedugout.tv
    i play some Championship Manager along the way. This forum to the game is like sorcerers.net to Bioware & Black Isle games.

www.s3s196.com
    This is my high school class homepage. Although we graduated in 96 but we are still keeping in touch with each other. Outsiders not welcomed.

www.liverpoolfc.tv
    If i need some good laugh, i will go there to some uninspiring, rubbish, stupid trash posts about my favorite football (aka soccer) club Liverpool Football Club. Anyone with me?

Lastly, i have been visiting this particular forum that do nothing but bashing our government. It has been down for a while now (out of some mysterious reasons) and i haven't found a replacement.

[ February 04, 2003, 18:11: Message edited by: teekc ]

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    There's a board related to the cooking show "Good Eats" that I sometimes read, and one called Chowhounds that's all non-professional restaurant reviews. Other than that, I'm on a parenting mailing list and one for cycling, but they're not terribly active.

16. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

a couple of local forums.
    one is about movies, DVD and others. while the other is a tech. forum that deals basically with computers and such. games are very minimal on these two sites. and the people there are... well, the locals.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I used to post on Icewinddale and the R.A. Salvatore site forum, but I became rather unpopular seeing as I was, well, myself. And tried to keep up SP:an standards of English language :)

These days, the only forums I frequent are SP amd www.dmrealms.net, where I have a few unfinished games...

(loony.... tired... and broke...)

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Sure, feel free post links to other sites, as long as they're not direct competition to SP, i.e. covering the same content.

(Edit your original posts with the links.)

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My first and foremost: SP

I occasionaly check out the boards at blackisle: interplay but never post.

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] This is the only forum I go on. To be honest, there's enough here to keep you going all day! It takes me ages to go through the posts ;)
    The only other internet sites I visit are Ratemykitten dot com, Boners dot com, MSN communities, and rathergood dot com. I play NWN more than surfing now :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.