1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Colours and Personality?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Do you associate colours with your personality or out look on life? For example, wearing black, according to my dad, is about having a bleak out look on life. Personally, i disagree with this as I DO NOT have that bad an out look on life. Anyway, post away.

Side note: try to keep it sensible please in terms of ... well, how do i put it? Don't Spam? thanks.

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well I like wearing white and everybody I know tellls me: "White is the color of good"
    And I actually believe this.

Padeen!

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I wear black obsessively. Perhaps it mirrors my heart and soul.

4. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

It would be interesting to test this in some kind of psychological test! And not just goths wearing black, but on the whole: does your favourite colour resemble your innermost feelings?

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have been looking through my stuff

It is all black and purple with a few blue and red items

6. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I wear blue, white and grey, with the occasional splash of black. A most paladinly array of colours, I'm sure you'll agree.

Although...lately, since I've been single again, I have displayed a leaning towards black jeans and black t-shirts... :eek: NOOO!!! GOTH!!

7. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm wearing a white shirt today. Why? Because it has a collar. I'm wearing black pants. Why? Because it's cold and all my pants are black. I wore a black sweater. Why? Because my white collar can overlap my black sweater and it's my way of standing out. I have a baby blue sweater over it. Why? Because I lost my dark blue sweater and baby blue was the only other sweater that I could wear - My red sweater is for gym, and my other blue sweater I wore while I was sleeping.

For me, it's purely coincidence that I happen to wear certain colours on certain days.

For my personality, blue or green would reflect it best, but my favourite colour is violet.

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I surveyed my closet days ago and remarked that 70% of my clothing is black, 10% is grey, 10% red, 7% blue, and 3% random stuff...I own NO white, yellow, or green. Ick.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] So if white is the colour of good, why do priests wear black?

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good one Tal. I'm always wearing black and dark blue clothes. It shows the nature of my spirit. Take a look at it at my profile :p :grin:

[ October 12, 2002, 11:37: Message edited by: Keneth of the Darkforest ]

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmm... what do Purple and Black represent?

I think Purple is a magical colour :roll: :rolling: :lol:

Black :hmm: :idea: I dunno actually - I just like Black :cool:

12. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

Coz priest dont like white?
    95% of my clothing is white
    3% of my clothing is black
    1% of my clothing is grey
    1% of my clothing israndom BS

Padeen!

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, black for, uhh? Solemnity? For mourning? Priests do bury the dead and stuff...

I wear black because black is cool...I'm not a bouncy person, more of a serious, introspective one. Red is a vivid, emotional color, blue is deep and calm, and gray is neutral or thoughtful color. Nice interpretation? :p

14. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Let me see, my clothes are:

45% blue
    15% black
    10% white
    5% red
    10% purple
    10% pink :D
    5% gray

15. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I don't know if it's true, but I have heard an orthodox priest claiming that they wear black as a sign of mourning for the fall of Kostantinoupolis in 1453.

16. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My favorite color is blue. People have told me I have a pessimistic outlook on life. Make of that what you will, but I don't really see it that way. I am relatively happy most of the time (it's the rest of the world that I worry about).

I'm not partial to any particular color when it comes to clothing.

17. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well i love black clothes :) and i hate red color but somehow 40% of my clothes are frigin red lol :) can't figure out how that happened.

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I like black. Its plain and you don't like an ass, like if your whereing bright yellow. I like red too, but not really bright reds. Generally i prefer darker clothes, because they suit me more and i feel more comfortable cause bright clothes put me off.

19. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31

Black: Shady attitude and dark personality. You wear these color to show either mourning or that you dont want to be seen allot. Mainly wearing black shows shyness, sadness and dark charachter

White: White shows liveliness and good attitude. White can also be a sing of aristocrasy or wealth. Mainly white means youre lively and in the mood to talk and to stand out. Wearing white clothes means that you feel energetic, happy, in good wiil and most of all that you are not shy.

This is my opinion on these colors and I think that everyone has there own. Black and white together thought for shure mean that you are a strong charachter not to shy put not that unshy(Forhot the oppposite word). It is also a sing of confusion and not knowing wherever youre happy or sad. Thats what I think.

Padeen.

NOTE: Purple is a color of mysterie and invitation. Women wear this mostly to attract or lure men. To wear this color shows mischievousness(Forgive my god**** spellin) and mysteriuosness which means you want to know most of the things that are happening and that you are lured by almost everything while you dont want to found out doing this.IMHO of course.

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I wear lots of blue and quite some brown clothes.
    It seems to be fashion now to wear brown with blue, but as long as I can remember I wear blue with brown...Hey Man! I'm a trend-setter! :p

Blue would be the colo(u)r of fidelity/loyalty
    Yellow: Hatred and anger, but also new life.
    Red: Passion and danger
    Green: Jealousy
    White: Freedom, sanity, virginity and pureness
    Black: Well..er..evil, death and mourning?
    Pink: Neutral

When you meet your mother-in-law for the first time, you could present her a bouquet of pink flowers. When you know her some better, you might give her some yellow ones (not with the intention of making her pregnant!) and after that you should turn up with a black lotus... (Still talking bout flowers, not cars)

People who dont feel happy or maybe even depressed, often tend to wear darker clothes (black). This often happens when they broke up with their lover. (-Cough-Yerril?-Cough-)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.