1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Conan Portraits

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by omnigodly, Mar 14, 2004.

1. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

I can't find the website where I used to get my portraits from, I'm not sure if it's gone or what, (it was something like BG: Chronicles, not the bgplanet site). And it had a bunch of Conan Portraits.

Can anyone help me get some of those? Conan:The Barbarian/Destroyer whatever, (with Arnold!). Thanks ahead of time!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There'll be a few on SP with the next site update next week.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Next question: how about a mod where you have Conan as a joinable NPC?

4. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

... Omg... David... thank you... Please... someone... please... a Conan mod... with Sonja and the asian wizard! Don't forget to have a shop with all the items Conan/Sonja/Asian Wizard had in the movies eh? Maybe a few quests that they actually undertook?

(Conan: The Barbarian/The Destroyer/The Conquerer) = the three movies!

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There was never a Conan the Conquerer movie.

Tried the game Conan? It sucks :shame:

6. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

You sure? I know there were 3... I watched the second one yesterday, which was The Destroyer, and it said, "That's a story for another time," (and I have seen 3 movies with him in it). Either I'm thinking about Red Sonja... or... iono!

7. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

There were 2 movies only, there was supposed to be a third but who knows what happened to it.

8. david w Gems: 19/31

Anyone know what Conan's stats were? I'd imagine uber-strength and constitution are a given.

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

High str, high con, mid dex, low int, low wis and high cha.

10. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I'm not totally sure what they would be in D&D, but what I do know, is that they really would be about a 30 strength and 24 con. Since you know... he was pushing that wheel thing, (forgot what it was), since he was a child taking the place of what? 8 people? :-P

Lol, his Dex isn't too high, maybe a 14-15, int is low, like 6-7, but wisdom is decent 10-12, and charisma is about 10-14, he's more charasmatic than you'd think ;)

Oh... and thanks Tal!!!!!!!!!

[ March 17, 2004, 00:30: Message edited by: omnigodly ]

11. david w Gems: 19/31

30 Str? With the maximum in 2E AD&D at 25? Methinks 30 might be a bit high.

As Conan is often portrayed as a freakishly strong fellow, I think a Str of around 21-22 would be more appropriate. Pretty low Int although I seem to remember reading some Conan books years ago and the idea of him as a brainless brute was quite a bit off. He wasn't exactly an intellectual but I'm sure he was a lot more intelligent than people gave him credit for.

High Dex - maybe 17-18. The books have him leaping nimbly all over the place with the skill of a gazelle.

Con would be high - maybe a straight 19?

And levels? Straight barbarian through and through. +20 levels as according to the books he was the greatest fighter in the land at the height of his strength.

12. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

2ed didn't have a max of 25, that's bg2. 2ed having a max of 25, means you can kill a God. Dragons in fact, have an average of 33 strength when they're juvenile, about 50 when they're ancient. Gods generally have stats anywhere from 40-80. Some epic characters can reach stats of up to 50-60. Just because the BG2 engine doesn't allow you to go that high, doesn't mean 2ed doesn't either :) . Conan was stupid, but he was wise, thus the higher wisdom. He wasn't retarded, he was just slower, he never had anything of an education.

Oh, and can someone give me a link to the portrait section of the website, I don't seem to be able to find n e thing on this site. It's too complicated for a nub browser like me :)

13. david w Gems: 19/31

According to the 2E AD&D Player's Handbook, the maximum ability score is 25. I don't see any mention of scores being able to get to 30.

Gods are a different matter of course. But for humans, it looks like 25 was the max.

14. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

does it mention that it's 25 max naturally? I'm pretty sure humans can go beyond that with enhancement/inheritence/etc. bonuses. Then of course I guess Icould be wrong, I started playin' at 3rd ed ;)

15. david w Gems: 19/31

The Strength table goes as far as 25 - which is Titan strength. Nothing after that.

Anyway, the odds of an NPC being stronger than a Titan isn't very likely anyway so I doubt Conan could have had a Strength of 30.

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    No, it mentions that if you're a human, it's 18/00 maximum naturally.

17. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

Hm... so far all this stuff is sounding to me like you haven't actually read a 2nd ed. Handbook, I'll take a look myself. Btw... 25 cannot be a max because Titans aren't the strongest beings besides Gods, (there wurms/worms/drakes/dragons/etc.).

And I still can't find me Conan portraits, which is the point of this thread!! I really only want the one where he's sitting on the throne!

Oh, and in case anyone cares, the script for the third Conan movie has been ready for over 10 years, and just put on hold. Conan loses his Kingdom, and gets his son to fight by his side to get it back! Sounds awsome!

18. david w Gems: 19/31

I've got the 2E handbook at the side of me now. The Strength table goes as far as 25. Now, if you had a webcam and I had a webcame, I could show you. But as you don't and I don't, I can't. So you'll just have to take my word on it until you can find your own rulebook.

19. omnigodly Gems: 17/31

Veteran

I'll just take your word for it, I already know 3rd ed and 2nd ed are different enough, didn't believe attributes would change so much.

20. david w Gems: 19/31

2E to 3E was a massive change. Mainly for the better (I hate the new way XP is doled out).

Under 3E rules, Conan probably would have a Str of 30 because that's not impossible in 3E for a human - I had a human fighter in HOTU who had a Str and Con both of 30. Admittedly that was with strength-boosting items. Take them away and my actual Str was around 22 or 23. Conan, being real epic-level material at the height of his powers, could certainly have a Str of 30 under 3E rules.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.