1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Constitution Enhancement - Perm

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Auger, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Are there any permanent constitution enhancement items - I have the Girdle of Fortitude, but IIRC, that can only be used once a day.

The reason I am looking is that after solving Viconia's horrible strength issue with a girdle, I was hopin to increase her consitituion aboce 8. I'm pretty sure Aerie could kick her but as it is.

Thanks for any help.

2. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] There´s no such thing. sorry.
    Just keep her in the background, and she´ll do find. She´s one of the best chars. in the game if you ask me :cool:

3. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've never really used Viconia, so let me ask you this...if I should keep her in the background, should I bother enhancing her strength?

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Why would you keep her behind?

In my party she wears that girdle of STR boost that you buy from Ribald and she is standing next to me (second from above).

Of course, you'll need to level her up a few times before you rank her on this place.

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In my all women party she often held the front line. In this role I gave her a strength boost item and decent armour. She had an ac of about -13 I think. This was also achieved without making unecesary sacrifices elsewhere (i.e giving her the best of everything). Usuaully Jaheira was alongside with an equally low ac while Mazzy used bows and the rest used magic to attack.

She also used the sling that gets the strenght damage bonus and 'the' hammer later on. With such good ac she was also usually able to get her spells off as necessary though I usually got her to fous on defensive spells which can be cast before combat starts.

As to the girdle - I know it can only be used once per day but it does last for most of the day so is ok if you just wait until your first fight of the day before using it.

6. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I really like using Viconia with the flail of ages, which is in my opinion, the best non- crom faeyr cleric weapon in the game. Her armor class is the best in my party, and when she starts to take damage I just pull her back, and use the sling that gives the strength bonus. As far as Aerie beating up Viconia- try it. It's sort of fun having your party members go toe to toe with no spells or commands aside from attacking. Viconia is the best non-fighter type in the game, and she even beats Jaheira.

7. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31

Furthermore, she has the innate drow ability(not an ability actually) 65% Magical Resistance if I'm not mistaken...

8. zero Gems: 2/31

She sux if you have party with good alignment members. She attack other party members

[This message has been edited by zero (edited July 13, 2001).]

9. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] There´s a mace that gives her strength 18. I always give her that. Then she can use super armours and kick ass, while you - yourself - can use the girdle of HG strength and kick even more serious ass.
    strength 19, what a sight... :D
    :cool:

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 13, 2001).]

10. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I tried her on the front lines myself for a while... I have to admit, against undead she's unbelievable, however against anything else, no matter how tough she gets, she still only has one attack.

Then she got burned into little drow cutlets (it was wierd looking she got burned and wing-blasted, so when I finally found her corpse it was all the way by the stairs of the chamber and she was completely blackened just an outline) - unrecoverable, oh well.

I sure did miss that ability to control the undead.

11. Lothar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The constitution belt is a one use per day item, but you can put it on, set your constitution to 18, then switch belts to one of the strength belts.

12. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That contstitution belt would be great, if I could ever remember to activate it! I find myself only using it in the middle of a battle serious enough for me to wonder "Hmm...what special item effects can I throw at these guys?"

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

To Zero:

I have mixed NPCs in party so I have evil Edwin and Viccy beside good Minsc and Sir Anomen (he's lawful good now).

I have no problems with it at all (only to choose who I'll romance between two girlies).

You shouldn't combine Viccy only with Keldorn in the same party. Keldorn will attack her sometime without reason. So I don't use him any more. I sold Carsomyr :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.