1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Control + Q

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ghengis, May 19, 2001.

1. Ghengis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I heard mention in a post here about a cheat using Ctrl Q. WHat exactly does it do, and how do I use it? I want to make an evil party, but don't want a theif for a main character. Ive heard this can help.

Thanks.

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It can take any creature under your control, adding it to your party just like any normal party-joining npc. You'll see it's stats, inventory etc. You'll only need a picture for it.

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I'm not certain but for Ctrl Q to work, you probably have to have the cheat/debug mode enabled. This is very easy to do and is explained in an article here at Sorcerer's:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

PS - don't forget you can always take Yoshimo as your thief in an evil party - he is Neutral so will put up with a lot and a very low reputation before he will want to leave.

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited May 19, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  4. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Hey I didn't know that. So I can take Irenacus (when he is not hostile) or Queen Elsime? I even meet Elminster in the Shaugain CIty! I'm trying this right now!

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

But that's not the real Elminster, that's just an image. Just so you know. I still don't get why anyone would want Irenicus in their party. Wouldn't that cause complications, like when you get to Suldanessalar would "another" Irenicus be there?

6. Ghengis Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try it out. Hmm... should I have Renal or Mae'var...

PS: Yoshimo is a traitor and a wretch and shall be killed on sight by my al knowing all seeing Kensai/Mage!!
    Just kidding, I just want someone evil. You know, the kind of evil Minsc talks to boo about before bedtime (or is it the other way around...)

7. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Oi! are u badmouthin' Minsc an Boo???!! That is just out of order! How dare u make fun of that wonderful hero and his fantastic hamster! Change your ways!

8. Melkhior Guest

Ehm.. a stupid question... Ghengis, ´bout Yoshimo - Is here any way to continue play with him after he´s betrayed you? or is that impossible?
    hmmmmm. man am I stupid

9. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Take Jan instead. He's neutral too and he'll stay with you the whole time and doesn't give a damn what evil things you do as long as you want to be his friends.
    And he's pretty good too!

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have heard rumours that it is possible to keep him by kicking him out of your party before spellhold, then casting flesh to stone on him. Then when you get back, you cast stone to flesh, and talk to him before he explodes. I have no idea if this works, but feel free to try it.

11. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

dont take Maevar... take Renal..and while ur in Sahuagin... why dont u take Drizzt as well... as for a mage... how bout Tolgerias...if ur playing evil

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.