1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

costume for a ball

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Orrick the Grey, May 31, 2004.

1. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In two weeks I am going to a ball, and you are supposed to dress up as a favourite hero or any character from a comic, movie, book, or whatever. I've had a few ideas, and at first wanted to do something from the tick, or maybe go as judge dredd, but both are relatively difficult to make good costumes. I need something cheap and that looks good, and preferably something funny. Cheers in advance for ideas.

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The Invisible Man or Invisible Girl... but that would mean you'll have to stay home. :D Just kidding.

Blade, the Punisher or Major Pain (did I get the name right) should be easy to come up with. Dark Man, you know, treanch coat, hat, bandages. Sorry, that's the best I can think of that are easily done.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    hmm..... Hellboy?

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I guess the cheapest one is one that can be made of something that you already have. Perhaps an ancient grandfather's suit? Or father's tarnished outfit from the sixties?

You can always make your costume first and choose the hero next :D

You could wear an evening suit with cowboy shoes, belt and hat and say President Bush is your hero! :D

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Go as a pirate, all you need is some baggy trousers cut shorter, a pair of sandals, a white shirt, a red/green/brown waistcoat, a sword and an eye patch. You could pretend to be the pirate from pirates of the Caribbean.

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Go as good old Freddy Krueger. You only need: a hat, a red and black top, a glove with fake claws made with cardboard and tin foil... and some fried chicken skin to attach to your face liberally. Don't expect many kisses, though. :D

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Make up a superhero. Gives you unlimited freedom ;)

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Just go to Wal-Mart and get a pair of Spider Man pajamas...easy as that. :rolling:

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Here's a cheap costume idea I saw last Halloween...It even looked cool!

Get red t-shirt and use a black marker to make the collar and front look like a spider man outfit. Wear jeans and sneakers and a zip up hooded sweatshirt, zipped slightly down to reveal the spider-man look t-shirt. Put on black rimmed glasses and carry a camera with a strap around your neck. It also helps to have brown hair...And voila! You have Peter Parker/Spider-Man!!!

Even better that the movie comes out in a month!!!

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, if you're a middle-aged overweight man, Arthur from the Tick would be an easy costume :lol:

Just get a white unitard, some bunny ears (maybe just a white bunny suit for these first two), big round goggles, and a square backpack!

11. Orrick the Grey Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    By the way, I am actually only still a teenager though I suppose the name Orrick the Grey makes me sound old. And I am not overweight. Oh and for the spiderman thing, yeah i have brown hair so that might work too.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bootsy Collins!

13. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well, what about a toilet? On halloween a while ago I saw someone wearing a toilet costume, it was pretty funny. And you could go to some gag store and buy fake poo to put in the bowl.

Naturally, this idea isn't for everyone. :D

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No thank you. According to Faragon, I am the one who'd like to poo on someone else's head, NOT the one who's being pooped on.

And though I like to be hugged, I think this costume would attract the wrong 'huggers'.

:D :p

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Or get some white sheets and make a Greek god of yourself ;)

They once made me dress as Zeus and seated me on a chair placed on top of a table as a throne. Damn was I imperious! :shake: :lol: :grin: :lol:

I also came to school once in fur layer from a jacket (the fur out) fastened by some three leather belts and donned over a largely unbuttoned shirt, with sword in hand :lol: :shake: :tie:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.