1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Countdown to 8000; Countdown to 10000

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Bion, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just noticed that, as of this post, SP is 10 registered members away from 8000. As if that weren't enough, Tal appears to be 9 posts away from 10000!

Congrats to SP, and let the countdown begin!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wahey! Another pointless statistical thread. How many of these have we had?

Maybe we are reaching a milestone of 100 such threads. That would be something to celebrate! :beer:

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

7950 of them don't post so what does it matter

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31

If Tal just did some spring cleaning, we would be at 500, tops.

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I bet something special will happen when Tal hits 10000! Maybe he'll turn into a giant robot the size of Slovenia, crush all the armies of the world and conquer the world in the name of the SP Empire!...Or perhaps not.

6. Bion Gems: 21/31

Wow, I leave for a few hours, and this thread descends into the deepest pits of cynicism! It's like someone peed in your cornflakes this morning... I for one won't fall for it: your cynicism won't get *me* down!
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

(BTW countdown watch: 9 more SP members and 8 more Tal posts)

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's not cynicism. I once started a pointless statistic thread about the day we reached 250,000 posts in total and how long it would take to get there based on current daily average post rates. We love pointless statistics, otherwise there would be no such thing as 'post count'. :square:

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nine (9) more to go! This is bad when we turn into statistic watchers. Hate statistics but I keep watching that count go up. True most don't post but I bet a lot come and lurk.

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Indeed! I can see it happening. We have been feeding him with our powers all these years; when enough has been accumulated, Tal will rise to reign as the uber-Lord (actually that should be über :mad: ). It has been preordained the era is upon us when he acts for the 10.000th time.
    Someone should cast 'Know Alignment' so we can learn what kind of regime awaits us. It will be a lawful one - that much is sure. :p

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, I'm over 10.000 now... and I wouldn't even know it if I hadn't seen this mentioned here. I must be one of the few people here who aren't obsessed with their post counts. Oh, and the regime will be Chaotic Good, as usual.

11. Bion Gems: 21/31

10.000 posts! :beer: (still a long way to go for the forces of Law, Chev!)

(update: 8 more SPers for 8000)

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Where did that spammer get so many posts in such a short time? Last time I checked, he was in a safe distance from 10K. :eek: :shake:

Must have something to do with the recent forum splits. :lol:

13. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Okay, still counting down, two more to go... ;)

14. Bion Gems: 21/31

one...

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Zero! Magic time. What does noldor372 get?

Welcome, welcome noldor372!

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Seems he gets a hail and a well met, from BoM.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think a PINK DRAGON would be more appropriate ;) Anyone still remember that? :D

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The question is how YOU remember it, being a July 2004-er and all.

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Caleb, some of us were actually one of the dreaded species called "Lurkers" before we registered on these boards. ;)

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, but for 4 years? I was one for 1 year, and I thought that was LONG.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.