1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Custom Characters

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by MistaTibs, Mar 20, 2005.

1. MistaTibs Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does anybody know how to create your own custom characters for use in BG2. If so, let me know.

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Custom protraits can be added in the protraits folder. ShadowKeeper can be used to adjust stats and the paperdoll (elf mage/human thief/orc/etc...).

3. MistaTibs Gems: 1/31

The portraits that i put inside the folder are not recognizable to the game. Do you know what is causing this, and how i can make it work.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31

The larger ones need a file name to end in L.
    The smaller ones S.

The larger one should be 110 x 170 in size.
    The smaller ones 36 x 58.

Keep the file names short too.
    I forget the max but I try to keep it to 3 to 5 characters not counting the L or S.

5. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

From Readme:

Custom Portraits:

The measurements for player portraits are 38X60 pixels for the smaller portraits (8-bit color runs faster but it can be up to 24 bit color), and 110X170 pixels for the larger portraits. To use a custom portrait, place it in the Portraits directory (in the install directory for the game) and add an S to the end of the small portrait name and an L to the end of the large portrait - otherwise the two names must be identical. The names must be 1-7 letters long, maximum - so the filename with the S or L added to the end is no longer than 8 total characters. The portrait files must be in BMP format.

For example:
    XXXXXXXS.bmp for small (38x60, 8-bit)
    XXXXXXXL.bmp for large (110x170, 24-bit)

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

Seven.
    That was it.
    :D

7. MistaTibs Gems: 1/31

Is there a way i can change the pics to BMP format?

8. Osiris Gems: 1/31

Open the pic in Photoshop/Paint/Paintshop/any other image editing program and save it as a bitmap.

9. MistaTibs Gems: 1/31

Another problem i have been having is with the sound files i created. I put them inside the sounds folder and it shows up inside the game as a sound i can pick for my protaganist, however, the game wont make sound for the track its just silent. I cant hear it when i preview the sound or when i move or click on my character etc. Does anybody know what im doing wrong?

10. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

From the ReadMe:

The following is a list of the WAV files for the custom sound sets. The list has been increased and modified since Baldur's Gate, so if you already have a custom sound set you will need to update it to match the current format. Replace each 'XXXXXXX' in the filenames with the name of the sound set (MAX 7 CHARACTERS in XXXXXXX, plus one character as noted below for a total of 8 letters). All the WAV files should be
    22 khz, 16 bit mono sounds.

Copy the WAV files to the Sounds directory located in the directory that Baldur's Gate II was installed in, and then select this sound set either in character creation or in the
    "Customize" button off of the Character Record page. For multiplayer, merely send your custom sounds to all of the people you are playing with and have them copy them to the
    Sounds directory. If you have installed the sounds to your character in your game, everyone will hear your sounds once they copy them into the correct directory.

XXXXXXXa.wav : Battle Cry
    XXXXXXXb.wav : Becoming Leader
    XXXXXXXc.wav : Tired
    XXXXXXXd.wav : Bored
    XXXXXXXe.wav : Badly Wounded
    XXXXXXXf.wav : Selected 1
    XXXXXXXg.wav : Selected 2
    XXXXXXXh.wav : Selected 3
    XXXXXXXi.wav : Action Acknowledgement 1
    XXXXXXXj.wav : Action Acknowledgement 2
    XXXXXXXk.wav : Action Acknowledgement 3
    XXXXXXXl.wav : Being Hit
    XXXXXXXm.wav : Dying
    XXXXXXXn.wav : In Forest
    XXXXXXXo.wav : In City
    XXXXXXXp.wav : In Dungeon
    XXXXXXXq.wav : Daytime
    XXXXXXXr.wav : Nighttime
    XXXXXXXs.wav : Action Acknowledgement 4
    XXXXXXXt.wav : Action Acknowledgement 5
    XXXXXXXu.wav : Action Acknowledgement 6
    XXXXXXXv.wav : Action Acknowledgement 7
    XXXXXXXw.wav : Reaction to Party Member Death
    XXXXXXXx.wav : Rare Select 1
    XXXXXXXy.wav : Rare Select 2
    XXXXXXXz.wav : Critical Hit Given
    XXXXXXX1.wav : Critical Miss
    XXXXXXX2.wav : Target Immune
    XXXXXXX3.wav : Inventory Full
    XXXXXXX4.wav : Successfully Picked A Pocket
    XXXXXXX5.wav : Successfully Hid In shadows
    XXXXXXX6.wav : Spell Disrupted
    XXXXXXX7.wav : Set A Trap
    XXXXXXX8.wav : Battle Cry 2
    XXXXXXX9.wav : Battle Cry 3
    XXXXXXX0.wav : Selected 6
    XXXXXXX_.wav : Action Acknowledgement 8

If that doesn't help, maybe contact customer support.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.