1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D2: Ways of saving the game

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Mollusken, Sep 18, 2000.

1. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The way of saving your D2 game just rocks! All RPG's should be like this. But then all RPG's would have the waypoints, or a kind of a town portal spell. :p

2. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You know... I have to say that for a while I really hated the way DII saves. I wasn't used to it and because I kept trying to take on too much I kept dying ALL the time. It felt like I was spending half my game time trying to get back to my body!

After a while though, it made me play a little smarter and I stopped dying so much. Guess that was the whole point of doing it that way huh? You can't save your game right outside a room and then charge in just to see what's there. I'd have to say that I agree with you now, it is a good way to save.... some of us just have to be a little more careful ;)

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think it sucks, kinda like console saves.

4. Like Mithrilhammer, I hated the save system at first, but grew to appreciate it after a while.

However, the combination of the save system and the "Gamble" feature is not good. After I twice blew large amounts of money on what turned out to be complete junk, I never really gambled again (see, there's a lesson for you kids out there! Gambling is BAD).

The gambling issue isn't that big of a deal, but the save system also prevents me from experimenting with the horadric cube too much. Although sometimes I will scavenge some low level magic items and toss them in to see what happens.

5. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ah yes.. the Horadric Cube. I learned my lesson early on with that one. It was being used as a storage space.... hit wrong button, you get the idea. A nice set of armor, wirt's leg, and a magical mace all turned out to become a nice chipped emerald.

I never gamble either, as you said Lord Balduran, too many gold coins have slid through the fingers........

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Sometimes the gamble turns out good though, i've found that there's some set pieces are in the inventory you can gamble for.
    It's still hard to get them though, and you should check to see what items are in the set so you don't spend money on stuff that isn't even in a set.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.