1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dale Keeper 101?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dias, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Dias Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I've downloaded it, now how do I use it? And what does it do and can do?

[ January 09, 2005, 17:00: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Save a game but not to quick or auto. Open Dalekeeper then open save games. You can turn your Characters into superheros equiped with only the best. But please don't do that as it takes all the fun out of the game.

It is handy if there is a bug in the game or you lose something important. It takes the place of CLUA to a great extent. In IWDII it's handy if you decide you want to change someone in your party but have leveled up and don't want a level 1 person. Just get all the goodies from the person your getting rid off.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You can open save games (not quick saves or chapter saves) and edit your charecters.
    Change their appearance, stats, skills, feats, spells and resistances. Even assign items and change game variables. So you dont have to worry about having lost an important item a drawbridge not opening.

You can also change the stats of the other charecters in the game. So Torak has only 1Str and takes additional 20 points of slashing damage.

4. Goober Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have Dale Keeper 2 v5. When I extract an item I am told it has been placed in the override folder, How do I then access said item from the folder???

5. Shrikant

What do you really want to do?
    You dont need to extract items or charecters if you want any changes to be made in your game. Extracted items may be used to make your job easier while making new item mods etc.
    For that you would need the standard modding programs.

6. Goober Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

After I have edited the characters strength etc I would like to give them extra missiles or better armour. I find the suit/shield/weapon/spell etc I want but it does not appear in the inventory like they would in baulders gate when using gate keeper. Have I misssed something in the process??
    Is there a users guide for Dalekeeper??
    Any assistance would be appreciated.

Twenty minutes later.......

Don't any one panic, I've worked it out.
    Select the slot, select the item you want and then double click to drop it in place. See that wasn't too hard was it.
    Thanks for your help everyone.

[ January 12, 2005, 05:42: Message edited by: Goober ]

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've downloaded this program but can't actually use it as it keeps asking me to pick a program to open it with. I'm not that computer literate!

8. Shrikant

Like most other downloads available on SP, it is packaged in Winrar .
    Just download and install it. This will allow you to extract DaleKeeper II.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.