1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dante's Inferno Test

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Icingdeath45, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Oh yeah! I'm on the third level of hell! Who wants to be in purgatory anyways? All the lively people are down here.

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I reached the seventh level of hell :evil: I always told people I was going to hell, they just never believed me. Now we shall see who wields the cheese (ignore this last comment, if you derive any meaning from it then you are insane. If so then good luck).

4. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Level 8! Rock on!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did this test awhile ago. IIRC correctly I got into the seventh level: The city of Dis, where heretics and blasphemers go. I also scored very high on all other levels so I am secure in my hellboundness. :evil:

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Second Level of Hell

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

:evil:

7. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Well, I made it into Purgatory, and I guess that makes me one of the "lucky ones." Of course, I was wanting Paradise. I've done my time in hell, having to share the same planet with conservative republicans for some years now. But, I'm sure they feel the same about me.

Purgatory

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
    (Click on a level for more info)
    Level Who are sent there? Score
    Purgatory Repenting Believers High
    Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
    Level 2 Lustful High
    Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
    Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
    Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
    Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
    Level 7 Violent Low
    Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
    Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hoo - hoo I'm going to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis (or, in modern terms, Las Vegas)

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low (no repenting for me)

Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate

Level 2 Lustful Very High (err...but I control it well)

Level 3 Gluttonous High (must eat)

Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High (Viva Las Vegas)

Level 7 Violent High (I actually disagree with this)

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Level 8 baby! Booya!

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gah, ONLY level 5?

Fifth Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

TOo bad. Wait a few years and I'll be a few lecvlels down. It's the market, yuou know... abyssal real estate is a real hit nowadays. :p

11. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

I scored high in Limbo and purgatory though. What can I say, I like spending time cooking and eating stuff in my kitchen.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey, we need to get His Holiness (Aka Chevalier) to take this! I am sure we'd all love to see the results... :D

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

Check the other level I scored very high in:

Level 9 - Cocytus
    This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

:evil:

14. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very Low
    Level 2 Lustful High
    Level 3 Gluttonous High
    Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very High
    Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Extreme
    Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
    Level 7 Violent Very High
    Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Extreme
    Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Very High

Me got Level 5.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll see you in hell Morgoth. Sixth level for me.

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] If I'm going to Hell...At least I'm in good company! Cleopatra and Helen of Troy!

Second Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

(Click on a level for more info)
    Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Low
    Level 2 Lustful Very High
    Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
    Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Low
    Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Moderate
    Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Low
    Level 7 Violent High
    Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High
    Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Moderate

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I did it again so I too would have something to post. It scares me that I seem to be as wicked as the little girls that frequent this board.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Level | Score
    Purgatory | Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo | Low
    Level 2 | Very High
    Level 3 | Very High
    Level 4 | Very High
    Level 5 | High
    Level 6 - The City of Dis | Extreme
    Level 7 | High
    Level 8- the Malebolge | High
    Level 9 - Cocytus | Very High

Edit: Man,I just reread the other posts here and as far as I can see I am easily the worst sinner here. I did not think that. Well, I might as we revel in my wickedness. ;) :evil: :flaming

[ June 24, 2003, 14:58: Message edited by: joacqin ]

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Not surprisingly, I'm joining the crew on Level 3:

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Third Level of Hell!

Level | Score
    Purgatory | Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo | High
    Level 2 | High
    Level 3 | Very High
    Level 4 | Low
    Level 5 | Moderate
    Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
    Level 7 | Moderate
    Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
    Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

The combination of Gluttonous and Lustful makes sense, but how can I be both a Heretic AND a Virtuous Non-Believer?

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

Level | Score
    Purgatory | Very Low
    Level 1 - Limbo | Low
    Level 2 | High
    Level 3 | Moderate
    Level 4 | Low
    Level 5 | High
    Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
    Level 7 | Moderate
    Level 8- the Malebolge | High
    Level 9 - Cocytus | Moderate

So, who wants to come for sight-seeing with me? I bet Dis has many marvels.

--------------------------

Disorder | Rating
    Paranoid: Low
    Schizoid: Low
    Schizotypal: Low
    Antisocial: Low
    Borderline: Low
    Histrionic: Low
    Narcissistic: Low
    Avoidant: Low
    Dependent: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

Heh, healthy and in Dis; isn't this hell? :p

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am on Level 3. Overall I scored

Purgatory Repenting Believers High
    Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
    Level 2 Lustful Low
    Level 3 Gluttonous High
    Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
    Level 7 Violent Low

Seems strange that I would score high on purgatory and moderate on level 1 - you would think that they would be mutually exclusive.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.