1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Decent Portraits!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Commandante, May 20, 2004.

1. Commandante Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ive looked through all the portrait sites and I can't find anything decent! I need an elven fighter/mage thing that actualy fits in with the game! Not some cheesy badly drawn fantasy crap!

Any help appreciated!

2. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What I do is manipulate images of cover art from the Dark Sun series about Sorak the elfling. With his long dark hair, holding a katana-type sword and a dagger, it definitely fits the bill.

[ May 21, 2004, 02:42: Message edited by: Beren ]

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Most of the custom portraits that I use are actually portraits that I downloaded off of NeverWinter Nights sites and modified to work with BG2.

I'm willing to bet you'll find something at NeverWinter Vault .

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Commandante, you looked through everything on SP? There are dozens of good ones there.

5. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Get Death Rabbit's portrait pack...its the best! And its up on SP as well...talk about convenient! :thumb:

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

The avatar Tal uses is awesome for an elven fighter/mage!

7. Commandante Gems: 2/31

call me picky if you will, but none of them seem to fit in with the other portraits in BG2 already!

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Then you won't find anything that will fit in.

A few of the portrait packs found on SP are as close as you're going to get, and IMO they definitely fit in with Bioware's style.

9. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Get a pen and paper and draw your own.

Best advice of the day bar none.

10. Ghreyfain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

11. Red5llaw Gems: 1/31

Hey Folks,
    anyway to transfer the portraits and voices from IWD 1 & 2 into BG2?
    there is bucket loads of great ones there!

[ February 16, 2005, 11:29: Message edited by: Red5llaw ]

12. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Portrait Portal has numerous excellent portraits that you can use. I've photoshopped a couple (Just combined some together), but I'm not sure if they're any good at all. You can look at mine here if you want, just PM me if you want any of them so I can change them to .bmp and resize them n' stuff.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have always wanted to use my own photo for a laugh. I always give my male characters my name anyway, so why not!

14. Red5llaw Gems: 1/31

What about adding new voices? are there any around? Is it difficult to do, to change/add them in? Where can I get some? How long is a piece of string? Why do I ask so many bleeding questions? (who knows!)

15. Arngor Gems: 2/31

I belive there was a soundset or two around here. Look around abit.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I am working on some 'Irish soundsets' at the moment. I got some people from different towns with strange accents to say things such as 'How's the craic', 'what about ye' etc.

17. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

How about a Scottish voiceset, with a battlecry of "Are you lookin' at me, pal?"?

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

hahah yeah that would be just as amusing as some of the Belfast sayings.

I am sure any Scottish soundsets would be very popular here.

Maybe we could get some sound sets in Ulster-Scots gaelic?

19. Arngor Gems: 2/31

Aye, that'd be a good idea me guess.

20. Makini Gems: 1/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.