1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 2 classes

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Melkhior, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Melkhior Guest

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I would say barbarian or necromancer. With the barbarian the game is fairly easy untill really really late.

With the necromancer you have a tough way to go in the beginning, but when you get high level, it's a piece of cake

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited June 08, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Take sorceress. She gets definetly best on high levels.

Unless your philosophy is to never play a female character.

Lokken :p

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I dont mind playing female characters, I just think the spells arent powerfull enough and that the sorcerer dies to quickly

5. Melkhior Guest

Acctually, I was thinking of playing as a Necro in the beginning, but as I searched through the net, people said that hewas the worst player and that the Barbarian´s the best. hm? what to do?

6. Melkhior Guest

I´m sorry for posting doubles, but I just thought that you should read this. Is this true? I mean, is he this bad?

In the long term, the Necromancer is quite possibly the most difficult character to play. Certainly he is the easiest misled along the path. This is quite possibly due to the flexibility in his morality. If the Necromancer focuses in any one area, to the exclusion of another area, he may well find himself at a dead end as a result. The ability to raise the dead has its own peril, as the undead are mindless servants, and are easily confused in later levels. Poison and Bone spells are perhaps the most effective for the Necromancer in the end, but are difficult to start with. Certainly developing his curses is the way in which the Necromancer can be most effective in a team, but this can be limiting on his own.

The Necromancer's characteristics are largely dependent on other factors. He will need mana more than any character save the Sorceress. To this end, if he can not find enough mana generating items, he must boost his energy. At the same time he is similarly cursed as the Sorceress is, with poor physical characteristics. He, too, needs strength to wear decent armor, good dexterity to hold his own in melee combat, and better vitality so that champion monsters do not destroy his life essence in a quick series of hits.

In terms of items, the Necromancer would seem to be less dependent. Mostly he should look for items to keep him alive or to regenerate mana. The Necromancer requires guile to play, and he should not shrink from his natural strategy despite the complaints of other characters. Those who are less gifted often decry intelligence and cunning. Certainly the Necromancer should always seek after quality armor.

7. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Have you tried a party of paladins(battle-net rulz). If you don't like MPlayer I guess that the strongest class is a barbarian. But for duelling I'd pick an bowazon.
    About the necro - I hate him! I have died too many times when my minions block my exit and I'm forced into CLOSE combat :mad: . If you want a bone necro you'll be better off wiht an amazon. If you creatures could only stand in front of you rather than behind...

[This message has been edited by Vicsun (edited June 09, 2001).]

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

I agree on some points with melkhior, though about the poisen and bone spells, they dont mean jack s***,
    Curses: Iron Maiden
    Summoning: a golem, 1skel, 1skel mage, and revived buddies.
    poisen and bone: corpse explosion is the only one worth spenting points into, all the others just plain suck

The necromancers requires a lot of planning to get a good character, though if you do it right, everything is rather easy along the way. The only trouble could be the mana usage, that has been increased by 450% during the patch releases.

9. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If you are a expert at the game i would say pick the sorcerer.
    But if its your first time pick the barbarian it is alot easier if you use him.

10. Avooch Dar Guest

I am sorry but the Amazon is the best i am afraid. The bow is the best weapon in the game!

11. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I gotta defend the Necro. Ok he is really BAD in tight spaces when his minions blocks his escape route. But in the open, he don't have to do shit. Just sit back and relax as his minions destroy everything. Mayby help them by cursing the enemies and blowing up the corpses. In multiplayer with a Paladin, he can go crasy with he devasting spells, curses and minions.

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Paladin, barbarian and amazon are too boring. We need the magic stuff!

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I am very versatile and am willing to choose any character but in my opinion...

The paladin has the easiest time with his aura things followed closely by the amazon...

I found the sorcerer the hardest class cos she burns her mana like a b**** (female members do not be offended by this remark...it is a local and maybe world wide figure of speech) and there is not a large amounts of mana available right in the beginning.

But i wish we could mould the appearances of our characters...i've always wanted to have a male sorcerer or a halfling barbarian etc. :D :D

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I gotta say the sorceress is probably the best in the long run, if you balance her out, unlike most people who mistakenly put it all in cold, you will rock everyone, at low levels go the way of fire and you tear it up, but as your lvl gets higher branch out cause fire won't mean jack sh*t to some of the higher lvl creatures, now for dueling cold jsu tdon't cut it anymore with all the cannot be frozen crap, so again fire or lightning is better cause they hit harder.

15. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've got a sorceress specialized in frozen orb, glacial spike and warmth... Except from those, she has only cold spells :D. Glacial spike does hit hard.

16. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The barbarians are the best! Have you looked at the ladder? The top twenty are Barberians. Then one pal. Then twenty more barberians. I agree they are boring to play but they are still the easyest.

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

For two-man teams, the best is paladin-sorceress.... next is paladin-necro.

18. shadow_thief Guest

Although I have never played the game, I've seen my brother play it 24/7 if he could so I would say Assasin and Barbarian.

Edit: For you who are saying: WTF is she talking about?! There are no Assasins in the game! Well actually, I'm referring to the expansion set. There are 2 new classes: Assasins and Druids.

[This message has been edited by shadow_thief (edited July 06, 2001).]

19. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

im best with this order

1.necro
    2.barb
    3.amazon
    and the rest are useless
    necro was my first ever character and i winged it easily got to act2 the second dayi owned it

20. Zaragoth Guest

I made a necro, and he ROCKS!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.