1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 2 or Baldur's gate 2?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Eduardo Do'Urden, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Eduardo Do'Urden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] which has graficos more weighed diablo the 2 or bg2? one asks urgent! the game baldur's gate 2 its pattern and pentium 233 32 of memoria ram. e the game Diablo 2 has the same 2 pattern and diablo wheel in my computer (ram p 166 32) my question and this which of the games has the graficos more weighed? bg2 or diablo2?

2. Avooch Dar Guest

The graphics in diablo two are not as good as bg2 and that much is clear.
    But the graphics in diablo are forgotten when the gameplay is so intense and absorbing.
    Bg2 is played at a slower pace and so needs better graphics with which to impress the audience.

3. It depends on what style of play you like...Diablo 2 is more for the ppl who like to kill, kill, kill. BG2 is more for those who like a challenge of puzzles.

4. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

With the Lord of Destruction expansion set (800*600 resolution), you graphic will become niiiice

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Shadow, it was about what graphics are better, not what game is better. When you look to the System Requirements, Diablo 2 has higher requirements. The graphics heavier, also for there are way more enemy beasts/creatures in the game) Some parts in BG2 are heavy though... (for example the slave-chamber in the Mindflayers lair)

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, as you've had problems at the BG forums, forget BG2. There you actually have to listen to the dialogue, instead of the game saying 'go to cloakwood' and you go there. Get Diablo 2, even if you don't understand all of it, it doesn't matter, just kill everything, there's nothing more to the game. (Anyway, BG2 has better graphics)

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, and not only better graphics but way better gameplay, in Diablo 2 you have to kill everyone, without consequences... In BG you have to think and chosoe who you can kill and who not and what would be the consequences when you kill them.

8. Sol'Kanar Guest

Yeah, there aren't any puzzles in Diablo 2 and the game is very linear. It's all kill kill kill and the quests laid out right in front of you, one path to walk. Baldur's Gate 2 is much more involved, with puzzles, NPC dialogue in which you actually respond, unlike Diablo 2, and many paths to walk.

9. Thalantyr Guest

I Say Baldur's Gate 2 is so much better then diablo2. I used to play diablo2 and got bored of it quicky. It has to be the click, click, click.. died died died, click ...
    you get the piont. How is bnet doing now i havent been on it like forever, when i was on the lag was horrible. I would choose BG2 over d2 anyday.

10. Avooch Dar Guest

Yeah but diablo is a great stress releaver. I have had hours of frustration with a certain part of BG2 (especially on insane level!) and to calm me down i quickly switch to ten mins of DB2 for some aggressive click and kill action. :D :D :D

11. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Diablo2 isn't RPG it's an action game with a few RPG elements, so if you want a great CRPG with amazing story, take BG2. The graphics are better the gameplay is better and so on.

12. DemoGorgon Guest

BG2 is bettet than D2 in any way. BG2 has story, depth, action and tons of other stuff. D2 is an action game for those too confused to play BG2, because its just click click dead click click dead click click gold.

13. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So with your reasoning people who play arcade games are too stupid/confused/sad to play BG2, instead of actually enjoying arcade games? I actually liked D2, sure, it's brainless, but running around and killing the same stuff for the fiftieth time sure is funnier than going through Irenicus's dungeon for the fiftieth time.

14. AHEM.............DIABLO2 is beter

15. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wasn't the question about graphics?

16. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Why better, Hunter?

17. [​IMG] In truth, its not just that DIABLO 2 is better, rather i find Baulders gate is much worse too. I know i'm on rough teritory here so i'll stop now, but all it really is, is that i'm simply part of a VERY small minority that dis-likes BG. Sorry (and no dis-respect to those that love BG!)

The Real question should be which is beter out of Warcraft 2 and Starcraft?

[This message has been edited by The Illustrious Hunter (edited September 17, 2001).]

18. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Don't get me started with Blizzards pathetic RTS games!

19. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

PATHETIC!?!?!?!

Starcraft and Warcraft 2 are THE best RTS i have ever seen

20. Thalantyr Guest

Baldur's Gate 2 is a better game 10000%.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.