1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Did we land on the moon?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tassadar, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

i saw this program on tv (conspiracy theory?)about how we did not land on the moon - they had plenty of evidence suggesting so and most were completely believable, but its a load of bollocks right?

2. Well in history class we were talking about how they might've just painted a desert grey and put a space ship in the middle of it with humans walkin' on it... but I mean how do you explain the gravity?

3. herf Guest

slow motion and they jumped instead of walked

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] And the material they brought back? Moon rocks and soil are chemically different from that of earth. Why would they go through all the trouble of faking it when the real thing was just as easy. I'm not saying going to the moon is easy just faking it is hard. The pictures, the video, the samples. And with a strong enough telesscope you can see tracks and debris they caused, and the land rovers Appollo 16 & 17 used. How do you explain them?

5. sorvo Guest

I could see if people didn't believe it 30 years ago, but someone would have to be very close minded to believe it now!

6. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

yeah but they could easily find moon rock with a probe or some such thing. And it does not look like they had a very good ability to fake either. I am looking at various articles now. OMG! one of the rocks has P carved on it!

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

:lol: I can't believe this topic is coming up. Ah well, to those of you who had your doubts -- YOU ARE RIGHT. We did NOT land on the moon. It was an elaborate fake to convince the Russians that we did so that we could recapture our status as the foremost country in the world. What else?

Aliens did land at Roswell too (besides that being the site for the moon landing fake). I know because I am one of them. I am here as a peaceful envoy from the Vega system. Fear not, you have allies in high places.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Next chance I get, I'm going to take the leader of this fine society on a plane ride. He seems to be fond of planes anyway; we'll take a rid to Tokyo, then to Moscow, then to London, then to New York, and back to San Francisco... all the while headed west. Poor confused fella... then I'll take him up in a space shuttle to the station Mir and let him look down on his beautiful planar earth -- just the way I saw it as I came in for a landing where the US government had placed their welcome beacons. I'm sure he will enjoy that.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

:lol: Great Idea!

anyway Mir is at the bottom of the ocean. Isn't it? :p :spin: :p

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 19, 2001).]

11. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, I would say I am the most paranoid person on the face of this or any other human inhabited planet. And there are certain theories I seriously but into to, but not this. Honestly it would be stupid to even fake, why I ask even do so? And besides there is just as much evidence or more to prove they did land on the moon than there is against, and the U.S. is not even the only country ot go into space or walk on the moon, this is total crap, plain and simple.

12. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

real, fake...........i dont care really

13. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Folks, I'm sure they did. Remember, the moon landing was not just a scientific endeavor, it was a key feature in the Cold War (yes, yes, I was there. But I'm not that old), a culmination of the space race. I figure if the US faked it, the Soviets would have proved them wrong then. :)

And besides... I already bought real estate on the moon...:money: :money:

:lol: :roll:

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Most of MIR burned before it hit the ground. (Err, sea.) As for the moon real estate... I was never able to find out whether that thing was legit or a scam. After reading all of what they said, it seems theoretically possible, but still...

Any lawyers here that could shed some light on this?

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 19, 2001).]

15. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Interestingly I've heard that it is illegal by international treaty for any country to claim extraterrestrial real estate; however it is not illegal for an individual.

16. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You sure you didn't see "Capricorn one"?

Film made late 70's early 80's about faking the moonlanding.

Not particularly believable, although I can see the political motivation to fake it if it couldn't be done in reality at the time.

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited September 19, 2001).]

17. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Capricorn One? Nope, can't say I have. But thanks Viking, I'll start pestering my neighborhood videoshop clerk if they have it. :) He's gonna roll his eyes when he sees me again. :evil:

...I think was busy watching TRON, Dragonslayer, Star Wars, and Dirty Dancing... those were the days. :heh:

18. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

here, I have difinitive proof that we did not land on the moon. and this proof is...THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS SAY SO! and if they say so it must be true right? ;)

lol

--FenixStrife

19. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I might have seen the same program, which seemed to centre around some dodgy photographs, which seemed to good to be true. I also remember being increasingly annoyed while watching it as it was so one sided with no intelligent attempt to counter what the conspiracy nuts were saying. My final conclusions were that the landings were real enough, but that some pictures might have been faked to make them look better and not have shakey images of Neil armstrong with his head sliced off, which naturally enough NASA would never admit to.

20. Silverblade Guest

Strange I thought that rocks and soil from the moon were chemically the same as on the earth. Since the moon is made out of the earth millions of years ago when a comet or something like that hit the earth.

P.S. to myself, must not watch the Discovery Channel that often anymore.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.